Panama

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Visiting Panama for a week. Anyone been there before? Planning on spending a few days in Panama City, Boquete, and maybe a beach. Would love some suggestions.

Comments

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Well, 1 week is pretty short!

Panama City got lots of attractions, definitely you have to see Cerro Ancon, Casco Viejo, Panama Viejo & The Canal.

Boquete is a very nice place too, (besides a lot of ignorant American population there, sorry, but that?s what i felt) So, must see is Vulcan Baru, If you have a car, go all the way round the hills and see the forest and plantations, check Cafe Ruiz for the best coffee in the world, and definitely stay with pancho (opposite the main bus station) he?s a very nice guy!

For Beaches, i guess you?ll go to Bocas after visiting Boquete, i recommend not staying on the main island if you really want to calm down, just head to one of the smaller islands. Favourite beach i?ve been is Venao, check ecovenao on the net, Pablo is a great Guy and the place is just Bananas! (But not easy to reach, especially if you don?t have a car, it?s a long busride!)

If you?re open minded you?ll meet a lot of great people there, Panama has the nicest people in the world! WORD!

Hope that helps, have a good time!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Haven't been down there in a long time...but I recommend taking the short flight out to the San Blas Islands. There is certainly a tourist element to such a trip, as you would have the indiginous people there contsantly trying to sell you molas as they put their lifestyle on open display for you. But, as you hop from island to island in a little skiff...shit, allow me to shut up and let some photos do the talking...