I got my first song MASTERED kyna RR

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
WOW!!!!It sounds so much better. What is that sound? Oh ANALOGUE WARMTH!!!!I knew it would sound better but this is like night and day. It went from sound cool but kinda harsh to silky smooth. The bass is punchy, the highs are crisp and clear. The overall balance is amazing.It's obvious that mastering is an essential step in releasing music but who knew it would be like taking a pull off some of the finest OG KUSH?Oh and doode has a vinyl cutting machine. Homies the real deal. Worked on a lot of classic shit including some strutters work. I'm just hella juiced since my dreams of pressing records are becoming closer to reality.Now to start this label. What's up with ISRC numbers? Where do I get these or do I just make it up with my record label initials and some numbers? lolIt's either this or work at Burger King.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Oh and doode has a vinyl cutting machine. Homies the real deal. Worked on a lot of classic shit including some strutters work.

PG? In Greenpoint?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The mastering step is definitely cool, but to me, the biggest leap is the first time you hear the vinyl testpressing (provided it's been done properly of course). That's my "wooohoo this sounds great" moment.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Oh and doode has a vinyl cutting machine. Homies the real deal. Worked on a lot of classic shit including some strutters work.

PG? In Greenpoint?

Nah, Gil at Threshold.

The mastering step is definitely cool, but to me, the biggest leap is when you hear the vinyl testpressing (provided it's been done properly of course). That's my "wooohoo this sounds great" moment.

Wow! I can imagine that would be an amazing feeling.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Congrats man!! It is a wonderful feeling to hear it all come together. But wait for that test press. It's a high that you'll chase for the rest of your musical life.

Thanks, haha. I can't wait.

Dude's gonna be stoked by all the business I throw him. I'm already lining up a new client.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Congrats man!! It is a wonderful feeling to hear it all come together. But wait for that test press. It's a high that you'll chase for the rest of your musical life.

When we first started making music an old skool Oz hip hop head kept banging on about mastering and we didnt really get his obssession with it, especially a certain 'masterer' from down here that he kept talkinmg about.

Then I got my shit mastered with this dude and just sitting in the studio listening to how he was making the sound bigger and phatter was mind blowing. And I got the basic shit done, he showed me some of the work he did for bigg labels with bigg pockets...DAMN!