Rapidshare Download Speeds

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
any subscribers notice this shit is slow as hell last year or so? i get faster speeds on services i use for free like zshare and megaupload.they need to step that shit up.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Also, do you have to have a membership to download from RS at all these days? Every time a hit up a RS DL link, it says "all servers temp busy right now, try again later".

Is this just me?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Also, do you have to have a membership to download from RS at all these days? Every time a hit up a RS DL link, it says "all servers temp busy right now, try again later".

Is this just me?

nah, me too. Rapidshare is worthless to me lately, going back a few months.

• same here. I went from about 600 kb very consistently all day every day. Around the middle of Decemeber dropped to around 160 kb MAX and go as low as 40. This is with a subscription.

I have noticed it hasn't affected everyone but i think they're definitely overdoing it on their servers or something. Plus they've been pulling stuff off like crazy.

Anyways check you server setting where you can pick your server and try to figure out which is fastest. Sometimes it can make a HUGE difference.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Is this just me?

constant i get lucky it works once a day

• If you are using Rapidshare without using a download manager (such as iGetter), then you are just wasting money. Download iGetter for Mac or Windows (or whatever program you want to use) set that shit up and then go nuts. I get pissed off when my download speeds are less than 2 MB/s. Usually takes me no more than 4 to 5 minutes to download a full DVD rip.

Edit: Just to clarify, you need a download manager that will max out your connections to Rapidshare, thus getting you the fastest speeds possible. You should not be paying for any download sites and not using one of these programs.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i noticed the speed decrease too but i use jdownloader

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah a 178MB mix shouldn't take 10 minutes. Shit used to take 2-3 minutes before.

• upload drive rules...you dont have to pay and download speeds are lightning fast. I love it when i clink on a link to download something and it takes me there...so fast (and no minefield of ads or having to play "find the download button")

• Rapidshare has got crap really quick - especially in punishing non-paying users.