Comments

• Options
    Sad news. His work was truly transformative. RIP, Dr. Zinn.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Very sad. Seeing him talk here in Baltimore a few weeks after 9/11 was a cathartic antidote to a lot of the neocon bullshit in the air. Definitely an inspirational person.

R.I.P.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    he used to come in to the ice cream store i worked at in high school almost every other day w/ his wife and get a his and her cone... they were both very sweet people with absolutely no pretense, total neighborhood folk...

• this guy was my hero. sad news. i guess i'll break out people's history for a 5th time in his honor.

Rest in Peace

• One of my all-time favorites. RIP

• he made great contributions to humanity that wont be forgotten anytime soon

r.i.p

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    he used to come in to the ice cream store i worked at in high school almost every other day w/ his wife and get a his and her cone... they were both very sweet people with absolutely no pretense, total neighborhood folk...

This was at the Ice Cream Club, no? I lived in the same neighborhood for a year after I graduated college ten years ago, and had the opportunity to talk to him and his wife, Roslyn, on a number of occasions, eventually sitting down to interview Mr. Zinn for a friend's webzine, which was a formative experience for me. I was very sad to learn of Mrs. Zinn's passing a few years ago, and feel the same way all over again. Two of the sweetest, gentlest, most thoughtful people I have ever known.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Good man.
    RIP

• all my favorite Jews have been passing away these last 2-3 years. RIP.