Bruce Dickinson

mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
mate was over last night just back from tour with Iron Maiden ( he's a lampy )and was describing a particularly nerve racking landing in Manaus in brasil which had to come in at a high velocity onto a short runway on the iron maiden tour jet.apparently its a notoriously tough place to land, due to air pressure or lack of it, the plane hits the runway at twice the speed of a regular landing... anyway the plane lands hard but safetly and everybody breaths out. then just as an aside he mentions that Bruce Dickinson is the pilot!? and is for most of the tour

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Sounds like you need a for this, then: http://www.ironmaiden.com/flight666/

Excellent little documentary.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    his younger sister is/was a jumping rider in my town. His parents moved here and a friend of mine lived next to them. When bruce was visiting, he went over for a tea. nice people.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Bruce was also a top class fencer, and wrote a novel called 'Lord Iffy Boatrace' IIRC.

And all-round talented dude, but not a patch on DiAnno in the vocal stakes IMO.

He should stick to flying planes.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    indeed,seems i'm always the last one to be know when it comes to major hard rock vocalists also being airline pilots and having medals for fencing

I thought it was all common knowledge

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    ASKING THE TOUGH QUESTIONS:

Who is the better pilot?

BRUCE "AIR-RAID SIREN" DICKINSON v.
    GARY "THE HUMANOID NUMANOID" NUMAN.

Let's see them settling it Red Bull Air Race stylee.

Winner takes on John Travolta.

Obviously the money's on Numan. He's used to flying the smaller plane. With propellers.

Dickinson's all about the jet liners.

Then Numan to beat JT in the final for similar reasons.

What kind of a question was that Jimster?

Pffft.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    neither are really endearing themselves to me really - from wikipedia..

'Numan was an outspoken supporter of the Conservative Party and of Margaret Thatcher after her inauguration as Prime Minister.'

'On 12 February 2007, Dickinson was given permission to fly Rangers F.C. to Israel for their UEFA Cup game against Hapoel Tel Aviv.'

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    BTW I've asked Natasha Khan about Bat For Lashes. I await her reply eagerly. I didn't send her the drawings.