Bombing LA

darendaren 28 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone seen this movie? My university is having "Hip-Hop Week" and this is being screen tonight. I was wondering if I should bother going.

Comments

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    YO! this is a must, my copy jacked back in 91', mmovie is the shit, focuses on the old hollywood writers WCA, KSN, has dope footage of LA's true king WISK mobbin Busses , great classic LA shit... DONT SLEEEEEEEP!
    not to mention realm, risk, delo, miner, charlie, rev, etc etc...
    anyways if you roll find out if its available on dvd, also the movie im talking about is circa 87-89' if thats the one GO!

• darendaren 28 Posts
    Yeah, it's from '89.

Also, Slick Rick and Rahzel are playing Thursday. I'm debating whether I should dish out $ to go.

tht movie is dope dawg...

• id love to get a copy..any leads?

id love to get a copy..any leads?

trust me if i knew who jacked mine...str8 up recon mission...
    i'll hit up some old homies, gotta be in some cats vcr chillin///

• id love to get a copy..any leads?

well let me know if you find it. id love to see this shit..i fucking love older LA shit. Can Control was the the first graf mags I got my paws on back in the days. Which was a pretty big deal to a 14 yr old in S. Carolina...so I definately was loving some Pow(er),Risk,Charlie,Chaka,Sk8,etc..all those pinks and turquise those LA dudes were using. oh the memories. I ended up meeting some dudes that moved out here from LA that were into graf as well..and they had a bible(blackbook) that was fucking wrecked by all those late 80s/early 90 LA dudes. Needless to say I looked at it WAYYY too many times. Damn I miss those days.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    [Can Control was the the first graf mags I got my paws on back in the days. Which was a pretty big deal to a 14 yr old in S. Carolina...

Ahhh Borders, how we love thee.

• darendaren 28 Posts
    This was definitely on DVD. What kind of sucked was that it was probably a scratchy university copy since it kept skipping. All in all, it was a good film. It seems like a different documentary compared to Style Wars. Not just in the quality (like handheld VHS), but also their direction was more just hanging out with a few dudes. The best parts were the fashion and the dudes directly spraying on some girl's jeans she was wearing.

The best parts were the fashion and the dudes directly spraying on some girl's jeans she was wearing.

hehe that was my man delo...
    yes it's much different than style wars cuz it focused on certain crews from LA, & well NY is not LA, LA graf was way different...
    glad you peeped it out...

peace!

id love to get a copy..any leads?

well let me know if you find it. id love to see this shit..i fucking love older LA shit. Can Control was the the first graf mags I got my paws on back in the days. Which was a pretty big deal to a 14 yr old in S. Carolina...so I definately was loving some Pow(er),Risk,Charlie,Chaka,Sk8,etc..all those pinks and turquise those LA dudes were using. oh the memories. I ended up meeting some dudes that moved out here from LA that were into graf as well..and they had a bible(blackbook) that was fucking wrecked by all those late 80s/early 90 LA dudes. Needless to say I looked at it WAYYY too many times. Damn I miss those days.

i member one night we hit the back of this building by the river, was me & sk8 & power(canControl) & got chased by the train popo, good times///

as for the old LA color schemes, unfuckwitable...
    ill post some flix on this thread in a bit...

• If anybody gets a copy of it I would like one aswell.

Anybody has any additional info about who produced it or if it was ever released commercially? It's not out on dvd is it?

Thanks in advance,

Dress

• ill post some flix on this thread in a bit...

• [Can Control was the the first graf mags I got my paws on back in the days. Which was a pretty big deal to a 14 yr old in S. Carolina...

Borders the bookstore? we dont have those here...I had order them from mail order and later on I discovered Atlanta had them at Criminal Records. I love all those older graf mags. Too bad i wasnt lucky enough to be into it around the IGT days.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    [Can Control was the the first graf mags I got my paws on back in the days. Which was a pretty big deal to a 14 yr old in S. Carolina...

Borders the bookstore? we dont have those here...I had order them from mail order and later on I discovered Atlanta had them at Criminal Records. I love all those older graf mags. Too bad i wasnt lucky enough to be into it around the IGT days.

Yeah Borders carried it for a while.

• i member one night we hit the back of this building by the river, was me & sk8 & power(canControl) & got chased by the train popo, good times///

:envy:

Too bad i wasnt lucky enough to be into it around the IGT days.

that was the mag!!! my man vulcan & his homie did that shit, vulcan gave me some whole car connector flix str8 off the layout for issue one of IGT, well, actually i traded him for a full unused can of ICEY FUCKIN GRAPE! man i forgot bout that shit, gonna have to go diggin in my boxes pull some ish out...

• Too bad i wasnt lucky enough to be into it around the IGT days.

that was the mag!!! my man vulcan & his homie did that shit, vulcan gave me some whole car connector flix str8 off the layout for issue one of IGT, well, actually i traded him for a full unused can of ICEY FUCKIN GRAPE! man i forgot bout that shit, gonna have to go diggin in my boxes pull some ish out...

I've got a whole box of graffiti type mags. Those IGTimes were dope. I remember seeing the RIP wall for I think Clever? I just found out who Flame is in the real world, crazy! Drez, we still need to link up!

I've got a whole box of graffiti type mags. Those IGTimes were dope. I remember seeing the RIP wall for I think Clever? I just found out who Flame is in the real world, crazy! Drez, we still need to link up!

yes we do!
    man clever was ill, i only got one flick of his shit from the jefferson yard in 89'...
    you talkin flame(WCA) the og gangsta aka C**T**N, dude is beyond ill...

& yes we need to hook up!!!

• I've got a whole box of graffiti type mags. Those IGTimes were dope. I remember seeing the RIP wall for I think Clever? I just found out who Flame is in the real world, crazy! Drez, we still need to link up!

yes we do!
    man clever was ill, i only got one flick of his shit from the jefferson yard in 89'...
    you talkin flame(WCA) the og gangsta aka C**T**N, dude is beyond ill...

& yes we need to hook up!!!

Yup, I got some flicks from the Jefferson yard too, Riot, Siner and some of them cats. My cousin lived off of Crenshaw right by Crenshaw Bowl. One of his homies used to live right next to the Jefferson yard so I visited it a couple of times.

On the Flame note, I also found out Sphere is too!!!!!

ill post some flix on this thread in a bit...

sorry for the flick quality, no scanner hooked up...

ASH(BC) ??? Motor Yard

Rev(KSN) & Risk(WCA) ??? This was at the yard in Bombing LA where dudes did up girls jeans, this yard is now apts... Rev Did the character, he also played In EXCEL & Infectious Grooves, he drew the lizard characters on the IG cover...

Risk(WCA) LA Fwy System

RISK(WCA) & STRIP(SC, CBS) ??? in the valley not far from woodman yard

WISK(WCA) & RISK(WCA) ??? Hollywood FWY

Yup, I got some flicks from the Jefferson yard too, Riot, Siner and some of them cats. My cousin lived off of Crenshaw right by Crenshaw Bowl. One of his homies used to live right next to the Jefferson yard so I visited it a couple of times.

On the Flame note, I also found out Sphere is too!!!!!

siner was ill... he owned jefferson yard, so to speak...
    i def need to trade up w/ you on some jefferson yard flicks, i have very few, that yard didnt last too long... & we were always caught up in venice, culver city or belmont, & LEVITZ!!! rip

• Options
    I remember seeing the RIP wall for I think Clever?

This just reminded me, someone told me last night that a HUGE memorial wall for the guy from Mass Appeal was done in Brooklyn last weekend, I think Bedford and ....shit I forget what street. Somehwere in Bed-Stuy though. Only going to be up for two months though.

• I remember seeing the RIP wall for I think Clever?

This just reminded me, someone told me last night that a HUGE memorial wall for the guy from Mass Appeal was done in Brooklyn last weekend, I think Bedford and ....shit I forget what street. Somehwere in Bed-Stuy though. Only going to be up for two months though.

anyone remember that first issue of Mass Appeal back in the 90s? (when it was a straight graff mag and had the ugly fonts,etc). A writer friend of mine from DC(AEO crew) that lived in Va. for awhile with some writer buddies of his(MDH crew maybe? whoever Scan53 and them dudes are down with) told me when it came out that a friend of his(or an aquaintance..shit I cant remember,its been quite awhile) started that magazine by returning a scanner or some shit that his parents bought him to get the money up to get the mags printed up. That flower surely blossomed into something beautiful.