What is up with this Rotten Old Cracker? (NRR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Sen. Jefferson Beauregard (?!?) Sessions...I just find it remarkably insulting that Sonia Sotomayor has to sit and be "questioned" by this slackjawed douchebag (apologies to any Alabamans on the board) From his Wiki...
Federal judgeship nominationIn 1986, Sessions was nominated for a federal judgeship by President Ronald Reagan. The nomination was killed by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which refused by a 9-9 vote[3] to let the nomination come to the Senate floor for a vote. Sessions's opponents accused him of "gross insensitivity??? on racial issues.[4] Sessions allegedly made a variety of comments that opponents pointed to, when he jokingly said that the Ku Klux Klan was not so bad until he found out that some of them smoked marijuana.[2][4] Sessions also allegedly referred to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as "un-American" and "Communist-inspired" because they "forced civil rights down the throats of people." At his confirmation hearings, Sessions said that the groups could be un-American when "they involve themselves in un-American positions" in foreign policy.[4][4] Sessions claimed that the remarks had been made in jest.[2][4] One of those voting against him was Democratic Senator Howell Heflin of Alabama.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    But he has had a change of heart.

Today he is concerned that Sotomeyer many be prejudiced against white people when we should all be colorblind.
    Like he is now.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    But he has had a change of heart.

Today he is concerned that Sotomeyer many be prejudiced against white people when we should all be colorblind.
    Like he is now.

I think he should be deported just based on his name alone.

Oh oh oh! PS!

Hmmmm...

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Oh oh oh! PS!

Hmmmm...
    Dude ... I just laughed myself to spit. It's so perfect. Thank You. Forever

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i really cant beleive the bold faceness of the republican party
    these are serious racist allegations
    we must investigate

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Could we just get it over with at this point, and make an all-purpose Republican racism thread?

I hate that party. Like, if you tell me you're associated in any way, I'm gonna have to rethink how I feel about you. This is not to say that Dems are some paragon of governmental awesomeness. But, the GOP has just become such an overtly racist, white, faux-religious group of fucks that I am skeptical of anyone who would admit to being a part of that group.

F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em all. Rot in hell. I'm done with these fucks. F*ck Boehner, Palin, Sessions, Graham, all of 'em.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I hate that party. Like, if you tell me you're associated in any way, I'm gonna have to rethink how I feel about you. This is not to say that Dems are some paragon of governmental awesomeness. But, the GOP has just become such an overtly racist, white, faux-religious group of fucks that I am skeptical of anyone who would admit to being a part of that group.

Could we just get it over with at this point, and make an all-purpose Republican racism thread?

I really think the US would be better off with having more than two parties.

And when I say two parties I mean more than two parties that have any chance in the freaking world to get elected to something or get something passed. (More than once or twice)

• Could we just get it over with at this point, and make an all-purpose Republican racism thread?

F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em all. Rot in hell. I'm done with these fucks. F*ck Boehner, Palin, Sessions, Graham, all of 'em.

Nah, there's good Republicans. I vote for Lugar in every election. He's usually my only GOP vote but he's a good senator. There will always be individuals in both parties who don't always do or say what the grandstanding loudmouthed attention whores talk about. They're just the one's staying out of the spotlight quietly doing their job while people react to the blustery politicians. The more Americans demonize each other due to political affiliations or parties then it becomes harder to see what the 2 sides have in common versus what the 2 sides differ about. And that sort of thinking is counter-productive to everyone on all ends of the spectrum.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Nah, there's good Republicans.

No. I'm saying no. By virtue of letting their party become the racist ass dixiecrats of a new generation, by pledging your allegiance to that party, you implicate yourself.

If Lugar or whoever went Independent, or split off to start a Conservative party, I'd pay attention. But, the biggotted, bible thumping that IS the GOP right now indicts everyone in their ranks. Until they get some leaders to steer things in a different direction- hell, in an actual CONSERVATIVE direction- I will listen to NOTHING they say, and will only see them as the hateful fucks that they are.

I'm an independent, by the way. I'm skeptical of clubs. But, they are just awful, and I have zero use for them as they are currently constituted.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    whoa.

catch this before it get taken down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions

Jefferson Beauregard "Jeff" Sessions III (born December 24, 1946) is a bigoted, nasty little man. The junior United States Senator from Alabama is referred to as "The most racist member of the U.S. Senate." [/b] He is a member of the Republican Party, and the new ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

LOL! X 10000

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    damn! gone already.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    it's been edited again:
    Jefferson Beauregard "Jeff" Sessions III (born December 24, 1946) is a racist dickhead who will be first against the wall when the revolution comes. He is also new ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee.