So-Called Heat Letdowns once You Heard It-DISCUSS

2»

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    While everyone is hating on German records: Mombasa - their LPs are lame! Overrated and overpriced.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    While everyone is hating on German records: Mombasa - their LPs are lame! Overrated and overpriced.

Hey Grope,

how is weiss' "I just want to celebrate"?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Just heard the SPACE JUNGLE LUV Lp from Juju for the first time... after the to-do made about it here a couple weeks ago I just wasn't hearing it...

Great LP...worth every cent

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hey Grope,

depends on what you are looking for. there are no "dancefloor tracks". it's a live recording. nice music, but shouldn't be worth more than 15 US Dollars. Most tracks got a party vibe, but none is truly funky or without a weak moment. i got it, but didn't listen to it during the last four years. no heat!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hey Grope,

depends on what you are looking for. there are no "dancefloor tracks". it's a live recording. nice music, but shouldn't be worth more than 15 US Dollars. Most tracks got a party vibe, but none is truly funky or without a weak moment. i got it, but didn't listen to it during the last four years. no heat!

I just noticed that I've sold it. There was a loop if I remember correctly. I think I've used it... but the LP is not that rare and not that funky. It's one of Klaus' better recordings though.

• Can anyone confirm the temperature on this lightmen for me?

?
    ?
    ?
    ?

i think its safe to say its worth more than the price paid

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    everything I have ever heard by Roy Ayers...RAMP, sunshine, etc.....

I mean, it's not worth a lot of money... but I'd wager it's good music

just not my cuppa tea I suppose, I wanted to like the stuff and would look forward to hearing some the his jernts that are so revered, but when I heard them, they didnt do anything for me, different strokes I guess...

• Don Blackman and Ray Alexander rule.

LA will Make you Pay is DOO DOO.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just heard the SPACE JUNGLE LUV Lp from Juju for the first time... after the to-do made about it here a couple weeks ago I just wasn't hearing it...

Great LP...worth every cent

cosign,however the Message from Mozambique album they did is wack IMO

Hookup:[/b] I pretty much agree with you on the Roy Ayers. Never really found him to be all that amazing. But that don't mean I wouldn't pay good money for the RAMP lp

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Not feeling Alice Clark

BLASPHEMY

That's a LP that will make you cry. Very deep, honest, and emotionaly shit.

I am saying.

I know, if you're looking for funk, I mean it's not that kind of album... it's a big band with kind of jazzy arrangements... but for funky, how can you go wrong with "Don't You Care"?

Completely agree. That Alice Clark is one of my favorite records.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Not feeling Alice Clark

• Not feeling Alice Clark

Boss... Boss... Did someone slip something in your beer last night? heh heh... you, of all people, should give it another chance! Really this is one of my favorite "raers". But, if you're not feeling it, we'd sure like a copy for the shop!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Done got rid of it already and whatnizzle.

Want some hip-hop? I'm over that too.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Can anyone confirm the temperature on this lightmen for me?

?
    ?
    ?
    ?

i think its safe to say its worth more than the price paid

here you go:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4750548341&ssPageName=ADME:B:WN:US:303

• Done got rid of it already and whatnizzle.

Want some hip-hop? I'm over that too.

please send me militant mind states in 25 count boxes.

• Can anyone confirm the temperature on this lightmen for me?

?
    ?
    ?
    ?

that was last january too ! yikes.

there is some major blasphemy going on here. how could you not like roy ayers ? I would understand virgo red but try to hate on his first one and he's coming, it's not possible not to like those and be into funky music and "breaks".

nick ingman's big beat is one that stands out.

i think a better thread would be which heavy piecs live up to the hype, wouldn't be many.

oh and kool and the gang's first one is WACK !!!!

just kidding

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• i think some of the let down factor might have more to do with price paid.
    its hard to be let down when you buy a 140 dollar record for 3 bucks

• I still like my libraries. There are so many. Some of them are much better than those so called Deep Funk holy grail LPs! Just take a listen to Vecchio's Afro Rock in comparison to Wayne McGhie or King Herbert.

Agreed.

From the libraries I like the good ones and I don't like so much the bad ones.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

its hard to be let down when you buy a 140 dollar record for 3 bucks

• i paid 49.99 for a mfsl copy of that is that too much ???!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I paid $40 for this a while back and was pretty bored with it.

I remember it going for $100 - $120

• I paid $40 for this a while back and was pretty bored with it.

I remember it going for $100 - $120

It does. Really all about the break. As a soul album, I'd rate it but just barely...

And I'm a Richard Evans fan