PRICE CZECH?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Session III, released in Japan around 1981, featuring two young female Japanese keyboardists along with some American session players. Absolutely amazing jazz/funk/boogie -- can't find any info on it. Looks like it was released as some type of promotion for Yamaha. "Session III can be considered to be the first statement of Yamaha's new experiment in using the Yamaha R& D Studio."Anyone know about this one? Is there a Session I, or Session II out there?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is there a Session I, or Session II out there?

I've had another different Yamaha Sessions lp that, if I remember correctly, was twin girls who won a contest playing keyboard. Not super interesting.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Session III, released in Japan around 1981, featuring two young female Japanese keyboardists along with some American session players. Absolutely amazing jazz/funk/boogie -- can't find any info on it. Looks like it was released as some type of promotion for Yamaha. "Session III can be considered to be the first statement of Yamaha's new experiment in using the Yamaha R& D Studio."

Anyone know about this one? Is there a Session I, or Session II out there?

I think Sessions 1 was a Ritenour related thing and Sessions 2 had Hoyt Axton and some of his studio guys.

I think they all go for maybe $20 a peice.

• The girls playing keys on this LP aren't twins, and I don't think there was a contest involved, but I could be wrong as most of the insert is in Japanese.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I think I still have a copy of the session III...anyone who wants it for $20 is more than welcome to it....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    stop hyping up weak records

• I thought it was pretty great...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    AFRO FUNK BOMB

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

AFRO FUNK BREAKS SEALED

Is this worth less with the cover?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

AFRO FUNK BREAKS SEALED

Is this worth less with the cover?

Please step off. I won this fair and square and will be re-selling it for a profit come my next set sale.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I thought it was pretty good/decent...

I paid $20 for my copy....but thats in Kangaroo dollars...