tiny bit of those good old W E E K E N D F I N D S

2»

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    `Ornette Coleman show

who was with him? prime time?

he had his son, Dernardo Coleman on drums... Heavy jazz drummer who enjoys a backbeat, Tony Falanga on Upright Bass...wicked, and Al McDowell on electric Bass. It became readily apparent that they'd been playing together for quite a while.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    what's that SCORPION record like?

It's a total terd. The best thing in it it's the cover.
    I think I still have the mp3s. Holler if you want to
    listen to them.

Agreed. It's pretty freakin bad. I got a copy at the same time as Brothers of Soul on Capitol and there was just no comparison. Maybe if I got Scorpion at the same time as something truly unpalatable it would have made the cut.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I haven't bought a record in months, and today I bought the first Earth, Wind, and Fire LP, which I didn't have.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

re, but for $5 out of somewhere best not talked of i am happy

• re, but for $5 out of somewhere best not talked of i am happy
    NICE! have you got the trio camara LP that is by similar players from this lp? thats dope bossa jazz as well.

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts

rey, this the joint off the christmas album with the ill horns?
    and is that cal tja in your avatar?
    It's shortened but, yeah, same track with the CIA horns. And yeah the avatar is Tjader, Fantasy 3232--I took the words out.
    Great tune.I love FANIA. Check this out the late great HECTOR LAVOE singing LA MURGA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfhTakoEYM

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

NICE! have you got the trio camara LP that is by similar players from this lp? thats dope bossa jazz as well.
    no i dont have it but will definately keep an eye out for it, i have barely stopped listening to this since i got it!