Big Pun appreciation

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i really truely believe Pun was one of the illest that ever did it. see Capital Punishment for proof of this. Appreciate the man. and may he RIP

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    So true,i enjoyed this compiled joint to

R.I.P.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Definitely top twenty in my book, if not top ten- I'd have to really look over the all-time list, but I'm pretty sure there are 10 emcees that I'd rate above Pun. Top 20 is still pretty damn good, though. Pun was amazing with the lyrical skills. And that "Capital Punishment" lp to me is the blueprint for how to make a hip hop record- hardcore shit throughout with a couple of really good radio songs that serve their purpose but don't compromise your integrity. R.I.P. Big Punisher.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    "I'm laughing at you now!"

"I'm not a player I just fuck a lot!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Opening verse from Twinz is some of the hardest shit ever put to record.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    isn't big pun the same as fat joe?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    not funny

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

anyway, Twinz is one of the best lyrical performances ever put on wax, i agree. Boomerang is one of the best songs ever made too. so many ill verses man

Dead in the middle of little italy little did we know
    That we riddled some middleman who didn???t do diddily

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Shippity bop well hot diggity where's the iggity? The bum siggity
    Niggas wanna know but check the flow my little trickity
    I'm comin with the Books so kid it looks like it's a winner
    Ya better get'cha plate because I'm servin raps for dinner

uhn, huha, yeah and you don't stop

• definately one of the illest...i remember listening to pun freestyle wid fat joe on funkflex's mix vol.1 back in '95. homie definately had style ans skillz. respect and peace to BIG PUN. i also remember listening to a radio interview wid krs and how krs respescted pun for his skills. krs even admitted he never wanted to battle pun. that's love.

• Pun was sick.

What's crazy is how Joe was known for being this tough guy "boss" type, then Pun comes out of no where and Joe is in the background holding an umbrella over Pun so he doesn't get wet in his video.

The respect he had from other emcee's was crazy.

edit..... off subject, but why did my old name from the old site show up now? I put in a new name and password and all of that?

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Dead in the middle of little italy little did we know
    That we riddled some middleman who didn???t do diddily

That rhyme used to blow my mind (and it still does).

I just listened to Capital Punishment last week, great album.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    i really truely believe Pun was one of the illest that ever did it. see Capital Punishment for proof of this. Appreciate the man. and may he RIP

He beat the shit out of his baby's mother and made her wipe his ass. Fuck him.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I read an interview with Fat Joe where he talked about how pun was always fucking with people. One time they were sitting at a retaurant and one of the guys they were with left his cell phone on the table and went to the bathroom. Pun picked it up and put it between one of his smelly fat rolls for a minute then put it back on the table. When dude got back from the bathroom his phone rang and he picked it up. Apparently he made the gas face .