Is there a regulation against...

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
putting a shitload of change in your checked baggage?Cuz if there isn't, I got gaffled.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you got got. I know other people who've had stuff go missing from their checked baggage (mostly jewelry). If it was A LOT of change (I'm talking over $10k) then they would've questioned you.

I've toyed with the idea of putting a mousetrap in a side pocket just to get back at some sneaky fingers.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    yeah, very stupid, but I had like $50 in change and I couldn't find a Coinstar, so I threw it in a ziplock bag and put it in my luggage- then my bag doesn't show up when I land and when it gets delivered to my house there's a card from the security saying it was gone through at SFO. Guess I have to file a claim.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    that sucks. hope something positive comes from the file.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Yeah, you got got. Wife travels for work, and two GPSes and a Blackberry have been stolen from her crew in the last month.

F*ck 'em... I'm with Herm. Mousetrap time.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    yeah, very stupid, but I had like $50 in change and I couldn't find a Coinstar, so I threw it in a ziplock bag and put it in my luggage- then my bag doesn't show up when I land and when it gets delivered to my house there's a card from the security saying it was gone through at SFO. Guess I have to file a claim.

They just caught some PDX baggage handlers for that kind of thing.

It was like a 2 year investigation!

Do report.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I got some stuff taken recently out of checked baggage and filed a report. They said they had been having tons of problems lately. You should report it for sure.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Mousetrap time.

Sounds clever, but you'll probably end up on the FAA "watch list" for life, and get pulled aside and whenever you try to get through security.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Mousetrap time.

Sounds clever, but you'll probably end up on the FAA "watch list" for life, and get pulled aside and whenever you try to get through security.

If you think you might get strip searched smear your butt with peanut butter.
    When they ask you 'whats that?'.
    Dip your finger, taste it and declare 'Peanut Butter!'.