Ebay scam question??

OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
So I was bidding on an auction that ended yesterday. The seller had several lots up, the first one nobody bid on, the others I wasn't watching.The next one I was interested in had several people bidding, but it was kept private, I was out bid by one of them. Minutes after it ends I get this email from the seller.
hiya,sorry to bother you but i am quite new to ebay,i think i will have some problems with the winning bidder. they have won 3 of my lots and so has another both only joined on the 30th last month and both come from Japan.The first has not paid or answered emails so i believe the same may happen here,if this does happen would you still be interested in the records? if not i will relist,sorry again to have bothered you im just a little worried,thanks,lesley
Now, I should mention the seller only has a feedback of 2.I'm weary of second chance offers, but think there's no harm in replying, could just be a newb.So I email saying 'well it does happen' "they may still be genuine' 'I may be interested in the records, but as you've only got a feedback of 2..(I don't trust you)'I get this response
hiya,Thank you for all your help,i didn't know these kind of these happened so it has been a shock.I can do a unpaid dispute tomorrow so i will send you a second chance offer but if you prefer to not accept i understand,i also have 4 others i think i will end up relisting..
From shocked ebay newbie, to understanding unpaid dispute and second chance offers in a matter in minutes. The spidey senses are definitely tingling now. Having not recieved my second chance offer today, I decide to check ebay. The auctions have disappeared. Hmm. The seller also now has a feedback rating of 4, even though they have 6 positive feedback entries, 4 of which have appeared overnight for auctions that can't be accessed, buyers all from the UK and not record buyers. So I'm thinking it's definitely a scam. My question to theStrut is, they have several more lots still to end, should I snitch and report them to ebay as a fraudulent seller, even though I can't really prove that?

Comments

• let the newbie duke it out with those japanese buyers, if he does send you a second chance offer and you want the records take them, you'll be fully covered by paypal if the transaction turns into a headache. What usually sets me wondering about sellers is when their SPAG (spelling, punctuation & grammar) is poor, this screams out scam to me and i walk away, fast.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    See I doubt there are any Japanese buyers. The new feedback left, which I'm guessing was for the auctions just ended (including the one I bid on), was left by Uk sellers.
    Unless they magicked up 4 new auctions that got; listed, bought up, sent out, received and left feedback for, all over night,

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Straight up sellers operate in a straight up manner.