robert palmer SNEAKIN SALLY video 1974

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:i'm a huge fan of robert. his debut album in particular. this is a rare video to promote that album that just recently came to my attention. enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPAmS1TtIMpeace, stein. . .

Comments

• Though I consider the Power Station to be one of the great artistic wrong turns of all time, I too ride for Palmer. Love his voice, and tunes like 'Johnny and Mary'

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I've slept on his first two records even though they are always in the dollarbin. I had the second one for a while because I love the cover, but I think I need to reevaluate them.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The Meters and Toussaint are only on the first one right? I also need to get familiar.

bw

Damn I had no idea this dude passed. RIP

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    The Meters and Toussaint are only on the first one right? I also need to get familiar.

yeah The Meters & Toussaint were only on the 1st.
    I know Carol Kaye played on either the second or third one.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Some Guys Have All The Luck EP is nuts, it's in every dollar bin...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I played the whole Sailing Shoes / Hey Julia / Sneakin' Sally medley out the other week as my bathroom break song (4 and half hour set). Went over quite well I must say. Always loved that song/medley.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Though I consider the Power Station to be one of the great artistic wrong turns of all time...

Shush.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    Though I consider the Power Station to be one of the great artistic wrong turns of all time...

Shush.

love it!
    peace, stein. . .

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Shush.

YES!
    By far my favorite "Rusty" of the series