STEVIE WONDER - TOMORROW / MONTREAL - Who's going?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
FREE show people.... yea that's right.Who's rollin?Obviously I am. It's on my birthday too.... so damn perfect. I can only imagine the Michael tribute he's gonna do.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Best show I have ever seen hands down.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Hell yeah, obviously.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    FO SHO

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Going to support DJ Kobal.

EDIT: I'm fucked, can't get off work until 9pm

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    F*ck DUDE, why didn't you tell me about this?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Going to support DJ Kobal.

EDIT: I'm fucked, can't get off work until 9pm

starts at 9:30, no?

I just double checked his post on facebook and it says fromm 6pm to 9pm.

If it's at 9'30 I'm down as f*ck. Would be cool to meet some fellow Mtl strutters.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    it starts at 9.30 according to the Festival's site.

I was going to go because I'm in Montreal for a quick spell this weekend anyway***...def worth the extended trip. But alas, a prior commitment is keeping me here.

Have fun !!

***We get in Friday and leave Sunday - anything going on I should know about that's good Fri and Sat nights?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    9:30 is the time on all the posters
    my sister who works in shobizz told me she might have a suprise for me today

come on backstage pass

Good, turns out you guys are right. The link I checked was for the opening act so I guess I'll make it after all.

***We get in Friday and leave Sunday - anything going on I should know about that's good Fri and Sat nights?

What are you looking for? Food spots? Clubs?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    friday night is nomadic massive at jazz fest
    incredible hiphop/reggae do not miss
    for food romados(portuguese chicken),cosmo's (best breakfast),qing hua(dumplings), boustan (vegelibanese)
    bombay mahal indian

sorry bout that - yea club nights/parties...raps and/or reggae

Boustan everytime!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my sister just called me to tell me stevie was not passing by ber tv studio
    i could have met him

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Not looking forward to 100,000 people in a small space.
    Trying not to complain for a free concert, but the elderly WILL get trampled and I won't be able to hear my favourite musician properly.

Really want to hear him speak on MJ.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Not looking forward to 100,000 people in a small space.
    Trying not to complain for a free concert, but the elderly WILL get trampled and I won't be able to hear my favourite musician properly.

You sound elderly.

For real though , this was the best concert I have ever seen.... absolutely incredible... not to mention it was on my birthday.... I was in an amazing spot too , maybe 100 ft from the stage, dead center (had to show up at 6 Pm and push through people and piss a few people off but it was worth it).

It was raining for about an hour right before 9:30 , and the rain stopped right before he went on stage , and started back up right at the end when he was playing a bunch of MJ tracks back to back (the actual recorded songs, NOT performing them) . The only song he performed of MJ's was "Can't Help It" , which he wrote... it was the first song of the evening. He had some words to say about MJ prior to the show and called out all those fake mfs who want to write a book and aren't going to give any proceeds to the family / estate of Michael Jackson , literally saying "that's a bunch of bullshit" . His daughter also was part of the background vocalists and she performed one song by herself, it was very good.

I will never forget that day / show!!

We're staying in lovely Pointe-Claire - any suggestions on good restaurants?
    Thank You.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    If you are asking me , I don't know anything! um.. Schwarz' smoked meat sandwiches?

heh

• Schwarz' smoked meat sandwiches

i literally dream about those sandwiches...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    you sound foreign, haha

I can't really speak much on Pointe-Claire. I know where the hockey arena is, that's about it.

• you sound foreign, haha

you sound smug. i only lived there for 6 years but when i was living there i had to eat there minimum once a week. i don;t care what you think about it being touristy or whatever, that place is the real deal and has been for decades (although i hear pete's is closing in).

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    It was a little joke. It was for catalist. I had that window open for too long.

either way... "had" to eat there?

• sorry if i misundersttod....yes, had to eat there. that isprobably my favourite food in the world, esp. those t-bone steaks. whenever i have a friend visiting from mtl, i always hassle them to bring me a brisket. i could write poetry about that spot.

i have heard a few people bash that place because its not on some secret squirrel tip or that it is old news but to me it is heaven.

when i die, i want to go to shwartzes....

• covecove 1,566 Posts

i have heard a few people bash that place because its not on some secret squirrel tip or that it is old news but to me it is heaven.

Yeah, i dig that.

It's a MTL staple, no doubt.
    I'm not about to bash the place whatsoever, but it does seem to get too much attention from visitors. That's the way it is. I can't be mad at the place. I like it a lot but I also have enjoyed smoked meat more at other places, to be honest.

T-Bone steak??? I've never had anything but a sandwich there, haha.

Went into the city - had a great dinner at a Portuguese spot on Saint Laurent.

If the other weddings I've been to are any indication, I think tomorrow's will add 10 yrs to my life. Does the dancing have to be non-stop???

Good Night Montreal, you are lovely, but I just can't commit to you.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Awwwwwww. Home luvs you too