DJ'n MJ Appreciation Post

13»

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Back on topic...

Exile and I DJ'd after our set last Friday in Denver and played nothing but MJ/Jackson 5 & sampled-related songs. People were going off all night. It felt like a communal celebration of his life and music.
    We ended the set with the acapella of "Never Can Say Goodbye" with the whole dancefloor singing at the top of their lungs. It was a great experience and I'm glad I got to be a part of it so close to his passing.

• So yeah, you AZN cats Luuurrrvve yall some MJ.
    Or at least, yall do when you're on X.

What the F*ck is this shit?

Um, sarcasm/irony, a joke about a joke at the end of a post?
    I actually jacked the whole style from Gary in the thread
    where dude got Guirella Bar'd and was whining...

I guess if you post like Gary you risk getting yelled at.

Sorry.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

. get on the floor goes so beautifully with the brothers johnson 'stomp' they almost sound like the same song.

isnt there some common Quincy Jones magic there? I was just saying to my mate, the only other releases that capture that Thriller/OTW qj/mj sound/vibe, to me are the brother johnson albums from around the same time.... (plus didnt one of the Brother Johnsons co write GOTF)?

no, you are thinking of rod temperton from heatwave.
    the brothers played on some of quincy's albums but he did not produce their stuff

um no Qunicy did produce some (actually most) of their albums, such as Right on Time, Light Up the Night and Blam...

• dayday 9,612 Posts

So yeah, you AZN cats Luuurrrvve yall some MJ.
    Or at least, yall do when you're on X.

What the F*ck is this shit?

Um, sarcasm/irony, a joke about a joke at the end of a post?
    I actually jacked the whole style from Gary in the thread
    where dude got Guirella Bar'd and was whining...

I guess if you post like Gary you risk getting yelled at.

Sorry.

I didn't read thru all of these posts so I don't know. I guess if you make an ignorant ass comment you risk getting yelled at.

Feeerrrrl me?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

. get on the floor goes so beautifully with the brothers johnson 'stomp' they almost sound like the same song.

isnt there some common Quincy Jones magic there? I was just saying to my mate, the only other releases that capture that Thriller/OTW qj/mj sound/vibe, to me are the brother johnson albums from around the same time.... (plus didnt one of the Brother Johnsons co write GOTF)?

the brothers played on some of quincy's albums but he did not produce their stuff

um no Qunicy did produce some (actually most) of their albums, such as Right on Time, Light Up the Night and Blam...

Check Rufus/Chaka Khan - MasterJam Lp for more Rod written/Quincy Production.

Also The Dude-Quincy Jones has that Rod/Quincy steez.

Patti Austin - Every Home Should Have One '81

All have that OTW sound. One of the Brothers Johnson Bassist played on OTW, and many of the other sessions at the time.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    As an AZN I can confirm, yes, my people luv the MJ.

• Feeerrrrl me?

Not really.
    Try reading a whole thread before you get mad at a post in said thread.
    It wasn't a comment, it was a rim shot.
    You don't get irony when you see it, no big deal.

Your gig sounded awesome, though.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Point taken. I probably should have stayed off the board today. Rael talk.

• I feel that, I'm hitting the Bushmills now 'cause it's been like that.
    Your mixes and productions are dope, dood. I enjoy them.

Who has played HumAlongAndDance?
    God, I loved playing that song out, doubles or not.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    As an AZN I can confirm, yes, my people luv the MJ.

Mad not born in America mufuckaz I know have MJ as their first real AMERICAN moment on some real shit

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

All have that OTW sound. One of the Brothers Johnson Bassist played on OTW, and many of the other sessions at the time.

cheers for the knowledge....

The Dude and Masterjam def rock on... I do have the Patti lp but I got to be honest ive fronted on it and never really gave it time of day...will check it. What about james Ingham? any QJ/RT momenbts there?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

cheers for the knowledge....

The Dude and Masterjam def rock on... I do have the Patti lp but I got to be honest ive fronted on it and never really gave it time of day...will check it. What about james Ingham? any QJ/RT momenbts there?

Only whe he's w. QT. His first solo joint came out way after OTW's dominance.