Obama goes Nuclear

HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Obama has pledged to defend South Korea with nuclear weapons. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_nuclear What do you folks here think of his decision to play the nuke card in an already dangerous war of words?

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Hey, at least our president finally pronounces it "nuclear" instead of "newcular"...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I forgot to put in the "please don't compare this to some Bush bufoonery" clause.

I'm only interested here in this particular situation

If we have to set another country back to square one, so be it. We've gotten our hands dirty before. I'm not hoping for it, but at least it's guaranteed victory.

If we have to set another country back to square one, so be it. We've gotten our hands dirty before. I'm not hoping for it, but at least it's guaranteed victory.

So you think there's a victory to be had in a nuclear war?

Even Bush never said that.

So you think there's a victory to be had in a nuclear war?

Even Bush never said that.

The U.S. has proved incapable of winning wars by "traditional" warfare. These campaigns drag out in the worst way, and with terrible results. I know that nuclear radiation makes an area unlivable, but in some ways, that's part of losing.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    And here to accept President Barack Obama's Hawk of the Year award is none other than Mothra.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

You are a moron dude! How can you say that?! Once some fool decides to actually use nuclear force we all lose. Can't you see that?
    A couple of nuclear bombs on Korea will very likely give South Korea and any other bordering nation a sure part of the action.

You are a moron dude! How can you say that?!

It's a baited thread. Or couldn't you tell that? "Obama goes Nuclear"? This thread could only go one way. So I stepped in because I was bored, and wanted to see how fast someone would drop the m-bomb.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You're either with us or against us.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

You are a moron dude! How can you say that?!

It's a baited thread. Or couldn't you tell that? "Obama goes Nuclear"? This thread could only go one way. So I stepped in because I was bored, and wanted to see how fast someone would drop the m-bomb.

Ok, I missed that so my sincere apologies. It was 7 am here when I saw this thread and responded so please forgive me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Nkorea threatning hawai

AP has re-written the story in the link I posted. Last night it had a quote from Obama saying he would use nuclear weapons to defend South Korea - now that paragraph is gone, and the story is instead about the demonstrations in NK.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    CONSPIRACY!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    m-bomb.

mothra?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    m-bomb.

mothra?

Munt.