Sanchez Vs. Guida (MMA-R)

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Fight of the year so far.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    HOLY SHIT!!!

Sanchez's 1st round uppercuts were f*cking brutal & how the hell did Guida absorb that headkick?

and Sanchez' elbows from the gound?

ridiculous.

Guida looked like a madman.

Thank you for posting this, you made my night.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Eh...Guida is becoming a one-trick pony. Killer cardio, but no finishing power. Lay & pray seems to be his strategy (he hasn't won by TKO or submission since last April). He's a very likable guy and I have no idea how he survived that headkick (or a few of those punches), but his game needs some work.

You guys following the Bellator Fighting Championships on ESPN Deportes? Small/relatively new organization, but awesome fights every week. You can find most of them online and even on Youtube.

• Options
    ^^^^^^
    Cosign with the Guida comments.

I've heard of Bellator, but that's about it. Will check out.

Great fights last night! Lytle/Burns, Diaz/Stevenson, Guida/Sanchez...damn!

Was anyone else happy that Demarques Johnson got clocked by James Wilks? Demarques was kinda douchey on the show.

Eh...Guida is becoming a one-trick pony. Killer cardio, but no finishing power. Lay & pray seems to be his strategy (he hasn't won by TKO or submission since last April). He's a very likable guy and I have no idea how he survived that headkick (or a few of those punches), but his game needs some work.

But really, was that fight about Guida? Or was it about John of Arc and his one-man crusade against... I don't know, something?

If Diego is so serious about being serious, then why can't I ever take him seriously? Yes, he's immensely talented, but I can't stand the guy.

I really want an animated .gif of that scene from TUF where he got startled by his own gym bag.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    If Diego is so serious about being serious, then why can't I ever take him seriously? Yes, he's immensely talented, but I can't stand the guy.

because he is a douche
    i hated him from the moment i saw him on UF 1

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i just watched the fight, you must have watched something different, Guida was extremely dominant on the ground, the stand up was Diego's but only because he landed a couple of clean hits, i personally would have given it to Guida as i believe he controlled the pace of the whole fight, his take downs were awesome, even the failed take down where Diego got his back, then he reversed was great

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i never got the sanchez hate but i can see how people think hes weird.
    Huge co-sign on the guida comments

And rosshogg, that imada upside down triangle submission was/is sub of the year, like whoa.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Foul, foul shit.

And rosshogg, that imada upside down triangle submission was/is sub of the year, like whoa.

Ya sabes, mang!

Bellator side note: I laugh every time George "Equis" introduces himself.