Shoes on a telephone wire:Code for buy drugs here?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
This sounds like some ridiculous shit to me, but my Mother-In-Law got into a huge fight with me about this, and she didn't grow up in a cushy neighborhood. Thought I'd throw it out there for all the folks who "bout" having their ears to the streets.btw/this just seems like and old wives tale to me, taking a kids prank too far.

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    it can certainly also be code for "frat house here."

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    New Balance=weed
    Nike=rocks
    Silver supras= extasy

get familiar

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This sounds like some ridiculous shit to me, but my Mother-In-Law got into a huge fight with me about this, and she didn't grow up in a cushy neighborhood. Thought I'd throw it out there for all the folks who "bout" having their ears to the streets.

btw/this just seems like and old wives tale to me, taking a kids prank too far.

They say that but I think more times than not it's just kids tossing them up there.

I've seen them in plenty of locations that aren't drug spots.

Plus, do crackheads really need assistance finding crack houses?

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    I've seen them in plenty of locations that aren't drug spots.

Yeah, very rarely is the major obstacle on the path to crackheaddom the inability to find crack.

In the Midwest/Texas, anyway, people seem generally agreed upon the idea that the shoe-toss marks someone's death, not necessarily gang-related.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Shoes on a telephone wire also is a marker for drug territory. When you have to drug gangs at war they mark territory with shoes on a telephone wire. Sounds dumb, some can't understand it but thats how some fools do stuff.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    All this shit sounds stupid. Back in the day, we would throw the shoes that we had to wear at school over the wire on the very last day of school. It's on some "F*ck school, summer's here" shit. Mad innocuous.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Plus, wouldnt they just climb up and steal them shoes to sell for more crack money?

I know them Sydney smackies would.....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What's up with tattooed tears?

• What's up with tattooed tears?

OG EMo.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

OG EMo.

Im gonna suggest that to the next goth/emo I see....

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Shoe tossing has become far too universal to have a specific meaning anymore.

It means whatever the person who did it intended, if there even was an intention at all.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This sounds like some ridiculous shit to me, but my Mother-In-Law got into a huge fight with me about this, and she didn't grow up in a cushy neighborhood. Thought I'd throw it out there for all the folks who "bout" having their ears to the streets.

btw/this just seems like and old wives tale to me, taking a kids prank too far.

Damn. You are blowing up peoples spots. I mean the police might read this. Now dealers will have to come up with a new code. Perhaps, a parked car with two wheels up on the curb.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    SHIT DUDE GO GRAB THE SHOES BAD IDEA

It used to mean that you killed somebody in prison.

Now it means you are a clown.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

It used to mean that you killed somebody in prison.

Now it means you are a clown.

Bwahaha

On a side note I hope all the rappers these days are saving their loot for retirement (in a 5 years or so) because with all those face tats there is no way they are going to get a cubicle in accounting.

there is no way they are going to get a cubicle in accounting.

= The one upside to face ink.