Mississippi/Louisiana Digging Spots?

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Beginning of July I'm going to a family reunion with my girlfriend's dad's side of the family. Will be flying into Jackson, Mississippi. Will also be driving to some place in Louisiana, think the New Orleans area but not sure. Don't know what I will be doing other than putting up with crazy family members and eating lots of good homemade food hopefuly, but would like to dig if given the chance. Anyone know of any spots in that area?

Comments

• Jim russell's
    Louisiana Music factory

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Check out Buddy Stewart's Rock Shop in Baton Rouge.
    Most the heat has gone but there might still be a cache someplace. Fun place and very friendly owner (Mrs. Phlip)

Don't miss the crawfish/boudin store a few blocks away, can't remember the name of the street but it's this main road with all those rim shops, and shit. Maybe 22nd? You'll see it.

• Check out Buddy Stewart's Rock Shop in Baton Rouge.
    Most the heat has gone but there might still be a cache someplace. Fun place and very friendly owner (Mrs. Phlip)

Don't miss the crawfish/boudin store a few blocks away, can't remember the name of the street but it's this main road with all those rim shops, and shit. Maybe 22nd? You'll see it.

BuddyStewarts-- R.I.P. Closed down the shop this year.
    It's a "cultural museum" now.

No, no records in Louisiana....