Spare Ribs in Black VInegar Sauce (NRR)

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
My mom just made this dish and it was so wonderful I got to share with y'all.Here it is:250g of Diced spare ribs (diced pork belly meat, prawns, or even cubes of fish fillet would taste good too)1 to 2 table spoon of Black Vinegar (depends how storng it is)1 to 2 pieces of Brown Sugar2 table spoon Dark Soy Saucesliced ginger1. first, marinate the diced ribs with soy sauce, flour and sugar2. heat up oil, add sliced ginger in first to get the flavour of it3. now, add the ribs in and let it cook with the ginger until meat turns golden brown4. add DARK SOY SAUCE in and mix it up with the pork and ginger5. add brown sugar in, the trick is to have the ribs cooked with the brown sugar so it has this "honey-like" coating on the meat6. Finally, add in the Black Vinegar, let the sauce cook until it thickens up. Got to use Black Vinegar though. And make sure there isn't too much sauce or too watery.Serve with rice, ooh yea!Now y'all have fun.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Mouthwatering stuff, id serve it with coriander/cilantro and finely sliced red chillies sprinkled on top.

and beer.

must have beer.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Mouthwatering stuff, id serve it with coriander/cilantro and finely sliced red chillies sprinkled on top.

and beer.

must have beer.

Yes! Red Chillies, or chopped garlic and onions.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i love 4-5 ingredient recipes...