removing stickers from records??

DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
can anyone recommend a good method for this? i stuck a que sticker marker some years ago but now would like it removed as the record appears to have some value. is there some kind of solvent that will assist in removal and not damage teh vinyl?thanks, Don

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    lighter fluid

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    lighter fluid

• Rubbing alcohol, WD-40 and cooking oil may also work. There are commercial products like un-du as well.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    lighter fluid

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    ^^^Yep. When I worked at a record store that what we did. We would also use windex, but all that did was usually just clean the record. (didn't help with stickers) But, it'd get the grit out of some of those dusty LPs.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    another thing you can do is run a hair dryer over the sticker (remove the record from the sleeve first!) and it should peel right off.

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    WD-40 and cooking oil may also work. There are commercial products like un-du as well.

These don't seem like a good idea... and beware of those commercial products as they're mainly good for metals but not all plastics.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I use little pads of the medical product they use to break down the adhesive on medical bandages/tape when removing them from a patient's skin, can't remember the name but they work like a charm.