should i be ashamed to blast ASHER ROTH in my car?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
in the hood or anywhere else? i ask soulstrut questions like this because i don't know

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I worked one of those all-day-rap Summer Jamz yesterday, and Asher Roth (who I previously didn't care about, one way or the other) KILLED IT. Absolutely KILLED IT. Not just, "College," but some JUMP UP AND DOWN shit, and had the entire crowd- country club and clurb, alike- dancing and yelling.

I'm not about to cop his music, but was impressed by the performance, and see no reason to be ashamed after that.

Other highlights:

Akon - Always kills it, and his DJ is crazy, rocks a skirt.

Kid Cudi- He can rap, and said some funny shit about, "I'm gonna do my thing, and get the F*ck off stage for T Pain...I know my place."

T Pain- Great for 25 minutes... a drag for 20 minutes. But, some funny shit, and I hate Autotune. He should learn to finish a song, though.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    depends on your embarresment level. if i'm jammin' material in my hood, i turn down the volume at the stopsign/greenlight. and by i mean erasure.

• Options
    no, you should not be ashamed of blasting teh Asher in the skreets. dude has his own iphone app, so he must be good. crank that shit!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    in the hood or anywhere else? i ask soulstrut questions like this because i don't know

Black people can do whatever they want. I was in the local hood the other day and I saw a kid hanging out at the corner store wearing a regular sized polo shirt and tight ass hipster jeans with a long chain. WTF? Pre-Kanye that would never happen. But black people can do anything! So I say go for it. I will live vicariously through you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Free, Black, and 21?

• - just dont mention it over at dwg.

Peace,

Dress

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Roll through the ghetto pumpin' 'Ice Ice Baby'
    Think I give a F*ck it's better than the shit I heard lately"

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

one of my all time faves right there

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

one of my all time faves right there

JZone made my 2001. "Orphan Babies," was my shit.
    Mad love for Lucie Liu before Outkast did it.

• You should be ashamed to listen to asher roth at any volume in any circumstances

Note: Asher Roth cannot be blasted irrespective of volume much like it is impossible to blast paul simon .

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    BAN?

• answer: no

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    who are you two? dr manhattin has forgotten more about records/rapp than y'll know.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

that album is definitely in my top 20 greatest of all time. sooo funny and the beats are f*cking great.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    who are you two? dr manhattin has forgotten more about records/rapp than y'll know.

That doesn't make Asher Roth any more acceptable.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

hey SIRUS... thanks for the support, homey. it's cool, though... i want the raw, unbridled SOULSTRUT??? response to my question. whatever soulstrut says, i will accept it and use that wisdom in my daily life... that's what i always do.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    impossible to blast paul simon .

i do me and julio whenever i get the chance! not do do but u know...then again, i also got busted with a lil wayne.......newton a while back too.hahaha.