Cee-Lo

Emile BerlinerEmile Berliner 100 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Just bumping ...And His Pefect I and it's making me feel really good. That intro where he impersonates the dunskie being like "Yo your violator shit was hot, but son, son, dudes wanna hear you RHYME!" Then he drops that madness, and at the end kicks some "I don't ever wanna hear nobody talk about n****s from the South can't rhyme." Don't know how this album doesn't constantly come up as a role model. Dude's talent is multifarious--he's writing interesting stuff, raping hard, picking cool beats, remaining creative on all fronts.Anyone know what's up with a new Goodie Mob, or a Cee-Lo rap record? The Gnarls Barkley stuff was cool, but for very different reasons.b/w"Dro in the Wind" is that Fire.

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    To be honest I always thought that song was rather embarrassing in a Killah Priest sort of way. Never mind the contrived alliteration.

I respect Cee-Lo's creativity, and I bought both his solos right when they dropped, but I can't say I return to them too often.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Proto-Post Hip Hop artist.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    That record is classic to me, and it came out during a time when I would still sit and listen to a full album on repeat and really soak it up. I always thought it was slept on.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    deeeyum. that freestyle is ridiculous. thanks for posting.

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    deeeyum. that freestyle is ridiculous. thanks for posting.