What kind of bag do you rock?

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I'm looking into getting some sort of day bag that can carry my camera, small laptop if need be, journal, maybe records and other items that I might use on a daily basis. I've been using a backpack for years, but I find it too big for daily use. Do people on here rock some sort of day bag or are man purses ???

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I'm looking into getting some sort of day bag that can carry my camera, small laptop if need be, journal, maybe records and other items that I might use on a daily basis. I've been using a backpack for years, but I find it too big for daily use. Do people on here rock some sort of day bag or are man purses ???

unless you're

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

this is a standard issued taiwanese public school kids bag. it fits my computer, camera, books etc. big up's to my man shawn for securing this for me.

peace, stein. . .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ubiquity used to make a record/laptop bag that was perfectly-sized and wasn't obnoxious or overly big. I've used it for years. Alas, they ended up replacing it with one that is more DJ useful but is less useful for what you want.

This all said, have you looked at laptop bags and seen what's available there? I'd be surprised if you couldn't find one that fits your needs.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    a Porter bag will last you a lifetime.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Used to have a Freitag bag. The club version that can hold records but it had this ridiculous heavy rubber smell, especially when it was hot, so I'm no longer using that (only for djing).

Have a regular Eastpack now.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Custom made gatur record bags:

Also had some shoes done to match the bags:

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    a FILSON bag will last you a lifetime.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    frank that is badass

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I rock this:

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

• zlatorogzlatorog 66 Posts
    i rock this bag made by logstoff.com:

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    OK, Frank wins, hands down, but Maru, you might wanna check out www.goincase.com.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I bought a really nice handmade grey messenger bag through www.etsy.com

The designer/seller seems to have disappeared, but there plenty of alternatives available. (Including several that are 12"/12" compliant.)

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I've had a Chrome courier bag for five years now. They are indestructible -

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    the XL Timuktu...had it for years, they are made well and you can fit a buncha shit in them...and are reasonably priced

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    frank that is badass

What he doesn't share is that he killed the gator himself. Bare handed.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    frank that is badass

then cooked and ate it...ALL of it, in one sitting

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dude I have a nice olive Gravis messenger bag that fits what you're looking for pretty well...I never ever use it...not quite sure about records though. Anyways hit me on the PMs if you wanna take it and you can just pick it up from my house whenever.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the XL Timuktu...had it for years, they are made well and you can fit a buncha shit in them...and are reasonably priced
    I've had mine for 10+ years. used to use it for work as a messenger, still going strong.

can we please just wear things instead of "rocking" them though?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    can we please just wear things instead of "rocking" them though?

It would save a lot of effort.

I can only rock so many hours per day.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man i hadn't even thought about etsy. there's always some cool stuff on there. thanks for the ideas guys.

spelunk, i might take you up on that man, thanks. you back?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    naw, not for another month but check thy PMs.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Custom made gatur record bags:

Also had some shoes done to match the bags:

such a massive

WANT

• frank that is badass

then cooked and ate it...ALL of it, in one sitting

Then took all of its records, and its girlfriend, then beat the shit out of a lion just to prove he could.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts

Puma Urban Mobility series is nice, loads of differents sizes. Good quality, clean designs and keeps things dry.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    FILSON for life. The have a lifetime guarantee too. The field bag can carry a laptop, records, kid toys, water, books. The straps are invincible.

• Shure record bags and 45 flight cases.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    Anyone click the eBags.com ad yet?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    What he doesn't share is that he killed the gator himself. With an alligator-skin record bag. That gator shoulda knowed what was coming.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    why dont you get one of these