Land of the Lost? Hot or not?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I need a popcorn escape from the heat. The only other thing is that Denzel Travolta terd. Or Star Trek again.

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    tv show = hot to death. movie. . .don't know yet.

peace, stein. . .

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Not. Had funny parts every now and then but really dragged the story out. Not worth the price of admission.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    delete

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    "Year One" looks very promising in a summer comedy type of way. Opens on Friday, though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    "The Hangover" funniest movie of this century so far...no shit.

"Year One" looks very promising in a summer comedy type of way. Opens on Friday, though.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Seriously?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts

What's the difference between The Hangover and Dude, Where's My Car??

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Is the answer Ashton Kutcher?

you obviously havent seen it.

I think the main difference is that it is actually very very funny.

If we start poo pooing movies because of similar premise, then perhaps we really dont like movies...and there would only be maybe 14 movies to see in the history of film because they dont share a premise.

you obviously havent seen it.

If we start poo pooing movies because of similar premise, then perhaps we really dont like movies...and there would only be maybe 14 movies to see in the history of film because they dont share a premise.

SWEET!

Funnier than Conan O'Brian?

yes.

Im telling you, this is a f*cking HILARIOUS movie.

thinking it isnt funny is on some "I dont even OWN a TV", "I find more articulate ways to express my anger than using curse words", "Im above this type of thing" "Memory loss has already been used in a shitty movie starring Ashton Kutcher, therefore this is no better obviously" level bullshit.

yes.

Im telling you, this is a f*cking HILARIOUS movie.

thinking it isnt funny is on some "I dont even OWN a TV", "I find more articulate ways to express my anger than using curse words", "Im above this type of thing" "Memory loss has already been used in a shitty movie starring Ashton Kutcher, therefore this is no better obviously" level bullshit.

DUDE!

So the answer IS Ashton Kutcher.

This movie may be about artificially created androids with a built-in short-lifespan that have returned to Earth in an effort to find a way around their own mortality, much of the plot may centre around the cop who's told to track them down questioning his own humanity (or lack of it), and it may be scored by Vangelis, but I assure you, it's way, waaaay better than Bladerunner.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    "I dont even OWN a TV"

Why you gotta do Faux Rillz like that?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Dude where's my car was actually kinda funny.

Dude where's my car was actually kinda funny.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Seriously?

Granted, I'm disconnected. I saw the trailer once and thought it could be funny. But I probably won't see this movie, or any other movie this summer.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Saw "Land of the Lost" last week with the wife. It was a free ticket so maybe I'm biased but I thought it was OK. Good light summer fare. If you like Will Farell you'll probably like it.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Seriously?

Written and directed by Harold Ramis. Respect the architect!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Seriously?

Written and directed by Harold Ramis. Respect the architect!

Hmm. That does change things a bit, but I had to tear up my Michael Cera Fan Club membership card after his last couple flicks, and I genuinely can't stand Jack Black. Trailer looks terrible too. I can't see this working....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yeah, I love Ramis but took at look at his IMDB page and haven't seen anything he directed since Groundhog Day. Also not huge on non-Mel Brooks-related period comedies. This one looks pretty funny but I am not running to catch it at the theater.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    if it was anybody but jack black i might watch. but jack black f*cking sucks, so there ya go.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    if it was anybody but jack black i might watch. but jack black f*cking sucks, so there ya go.

i think jack black is kinda funny

• if it was anybody but jack black i might watch. but jack black f*cking sucks, so there ya go.

I too am done with Jack Black, and just about finished with Michael Cera as well, so this film gets the gas face.....