writing words for this upcoming book. need ideas.

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I'm plum out of sentences. any suggestions?

Comments

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    re-read steinbeck - The Winter of Our Discontent, for inspiration...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    "Call me Nozmael."

That's a good opener.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    no but i have a great story you can write:

back when solomon king used to wear a crown at his shows and claim to be the king, james brown decided to ask him to do a show with him. james told solomon that he would open for him and that he could be the headliner for the night. told him he'd pay the going rate for him and while solomon seemed wary he went along. so the marquee is up and its solomon on top with james as the opening act. so james opens up and just SMASHES it while solomon is sitting on the side with crown and scepter in hand. james finishes the set looks over at solomon and says to him "thats how you get to be the king... good night everybody" and the show just ends with solomon sitting there waiting to go on.

anyway... just an interesting story i thought id share.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    go for a brisk walk.

peace, stein. . .

"When I wrote the following pages, or rather the bulk of them, I lived alone, in the woods, a mile from any neighbor, in a house which I had built myself, on the shore of Walden Pond, in Concord, Massachusetts, and earned my living by the sales of my records only."

"So we beat on, collectros against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    An Arsonist's Guide To Record Collectors Home's in New England

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm plum out of sentences. any suggestions?
    ballbuster!

• I'm plum out of sentences. any suggestions?

Read Edward Dahlberg. I'd start with BECAUSE I WAS FLESH. Chock full of great sentences.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    start it like this and you cannot go wrong:

Summer had returned. It took me back to the time when old uncle Friedjkuntch came back up from the barn with a freshly powdered lamb, and announced that we would have to make room in the house for Baa-rbara now, because they had come to an understanding, and the barn was no longer suitable for the animal. In fact, uncle continued, things were going to have to change quite a lot around the farm from now on. Thus began the most interesting summer of my life.