White Jeans on Men yes or no?

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Let's agree they look bangin on women. Do they work on a dude? I have a pair of white Levis I like and I used to wear my white Carhartt's a lot but no so much anymore. They do look good the more messed up they get.

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    white pants is NAGL on dudes full stop.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    There are certain few dudes with certain looks that can pull it off, but most should back away.

Proceed with caution.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Only if u have game.

• One year for Freaknik I went into downtown Atlanta wearing a pair of Britannica brand white jeans with GIANT bell bottoms. "Elephant legs." That and a pink polo. I didn't seem to arouse much suspicion.

White Jeans/Matching Chucks/Navy T

I dont own pair, but I was checkin some recently.

White Denim gets dirty mad quick.

• Options
    White jeans are a lil bit hipster, and therefore douchey IMO.

White jeans are a lil bit hipster, and therefore douchey IMO.

Its how U ROCK THEM!

This party hasnt started until Faux arrives.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    It all depends on your style and hustle...Personally, I wouldn't rock them cuz thats not my steelo, but I have a metrosexual friend that (btw, knows nothing about records or music for that matter), wore some white pants that came up to his cavs with a matching button up that you would pay $60 for at the mall with sandals and gelled hair when we went to Cancun and he got maaad assss. I wouldn't of pulled that shit off personally, but he did...If you can get away with it then I ain't mad. But for the majority record dork crowd =

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    white pants is NAGL on dudes full stop.

i disagree,

a white jean can be the right jean, or trouser, if it's simple and not all armani exchange cheeseball hairdresser brett michaels steez.
    and some dudes look real good in white jeans, it just depends on how you freak em like any article of clothing. it's not a look for everyone.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    in days gone by dudes could wear denim on denim, these days that too is NAGL, i know what you are saying i have a few friends that can pull the look off, but they still look like douches to me

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    In the days of Miami Vice I owned a white suit. I must have looked like a struck match. But, as has been said, the problem is practicality. No sitting down on leatherette... No sitting down basically. No jostling at the bar with folks bearing armfuls of drinks. No eating.

I suppose, as they say... "FAME COSTS."

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I guess if you really think you're in a situation that you can pull it off then by all means give it a shot. But I would say that in the sets I roll with it's an immediate

and possibly an

Just my .02

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Only if it's 1988.

b/w

White pants are not white jeans, and Cancun is not America.

White pants are not White jeans

You Damn White 'bout that!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i disagree,

exactly.

if you gotta ask, then no. you need to OWN that shit. think twice and people can tell you're not sure and then you're a goofy dude in goofy white jeans....or a rent boy on his first day. you think the firecrackers in these pictures thought twice about pulling their white slacks on that morning? No.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    If you ask Billy Vera, he'll tell you HALE NO to white pants. Especially if you're going onstage.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Only if u have game.

I agree. It can be done, but only by the select few who know how to do it. If you ain't got it, then you look like a dork or a house painter or a dorky house painter.

White pants are a different story. It still takes game to pull it off, but as I see it there's a different set of rules.

I await, however, and will defer to the official ruling from the homie Faux Rillz.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Only if u have game.

I agree. It can be done, but only by the select few who know how to do it. If you ain't got it, then you look like a dork or a house painter or a dorky house painter.

White pants are a different story. It still takes game to pull it off, but as I see it there's a different set of rules.

I await, however, and will defer to the official ruling from the homie Faux Rillz.

One can cop some cheap canvas painter pants from any paint store.
    Theyre light enuff for the summer weather and if u got style they are just as freakable as regular White Denim. They have a more relaxed blue collar steez, w/ out the "hipster" baggage.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    stop making shit up.

stop making shit up.

Explain Pleez

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    they look better if they are beat up like frayed or something - not totally white. also chubby dudes should forget it. clean new white jeans are only good for the beach

they look better if they are beat up like frayed or something - not totally white.

No

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    the MAN makes the clothes. the CLOTHES do not make the man.

peace, stein. . .

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    that's what I said!

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts

One can cop some cheap canvas painter pants from any paint store.
    Theyre light enuff for the summer weather and if u got style they are just as freakable as regular White Denim. They have a more relaxed blue collar steez, w/ out the "hipster" baggage.

I was just thinking about this yesterfuckingday!!! I bought a new shirt and thought "should I be wearing white jeans with this". Then, I thought "I don't know if I can pull off tight white jeans". Because that's all they sell nowadays. But, I can pull off white painter pants. This is genius. Thank you. Off to the paint store.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    If you have to ask, you're not ready.
    (not insinuating I'd wear white pants-i'm a messy eater)

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Only stretch with the zipper ass.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• they look better if they are beat up like frayed or something - not totally white.

No

Worded. DIrty white chucks/vans are the only white thing that is acceptable dirty. Any other white apparel should be crisp. It's white cause it's clean, that's what white does. It's like "Hey I don't give a F*ck, I know this shit is gonna get wrecked, but I'm gonna look fly as till then."

But, different strokes for different folks, all kinds of things go on in this world. Fashion is diverse.