Sample ID: Saafir "Just Riden"

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone know this?I am virtually certain it is the Isley Bros, but I've never been able to find it.Here's the Saafir track:

It's a 1-bar loop, so I guess this could be almost anything.... but I need it for a project. Thanks-JS

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    sounds like a small piece of The Isley Brothers - For The Love Of You

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nah it's not... I was gonna post a disclaimer, haha! It's not Sensuality either...

Here's a snippet of a beat that uses the whole thing... sorry for the crude loop job, it's the outro

• oobekimoobekim 3 Posts
    MISFYTZ OF STYLZ!!!!! lah lah lah lah lah lah lahhhhhh puffin on some bommmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbb........

oh shit! lolololol

damn nobody?

lil help?

beuller?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Never known...and it could be anything.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just realized that I only have this on cassette since my last hard drive crashed. Any chance one of youse guyz can rip and zip for me?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    JP: You taking me baaaaaaaaack on this one. maybe it is that Isley loop (the IBs perfected the art of OG tracks that inspire nostalgia) but this one really just invokes a moment of living in the Bay in the '90s.

*long, wistful sigh*

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I just realized that I only have this on cassette since my last hard drive crashed. Any chance one of youse guyz can rip and zip for me?

Try here:
    http://checkthetechnique.blogspot.com/2008/10/saafir-boxcar-sessions.html

My man... thank you!

I have this record... I knew I probably already had it but looking for a loop like that in the Isley Brothers section at the crib could take months

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Thanks, but they're wma's and for some reason my iTunes (Mac) won't recognize them.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Thanks from me too-- I always wondered about this. Easily one of my favorite Saafir joints.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    While we at it:

Does anybody have a 320 rip of the Boxcar Session demos CD from a few years back?

Missed that one.