slow burners mixtape suggestions?

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
i would post this one
This one is a special mix, my man doobz is about to embark on a journey around Australia in his trusty Combi van, so I decided I would make a mix for him to listen to whilst he spends many long hours on the road.http://www.divshare.com/download/7565286-559http://lowinthedeepend.blogspot.com/
I didnt want to do a tracklist for this one, but have had a few request so here it isMy People Hold On Eddie Kendricks Take Me Just As I Am Lyn CollinsThe Dancers George Golla My Mind Is Hazy Chocolate Milk Liberation Blues Oneness of JujuHoney Erykah Badu (dj day remix)Two Steps Behind No I.DA Tribute To Da Beatminerz The Liquid Crystal Project all tracks were "sympathetically" edited by me to try to allow a better flow to the tape

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i am about to start the second part of this mix, and am thinking i might buy a few new records to put on it. Does any one have any suggestions for tracks they think would suit a similar vibe, i am really keen to get put onto music that i am not up on (which shouldnt be hard as i am only a little dude compared to most of the people who poast here), can be old or new i am open to anything
    Thanks

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    kiss me softley by love unlimited orch. i enjoy that song.

i just searched through the LUO lps i had and dont have this what lp is it on?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Have you got that Danny O Keefe Lp Breezy Stories?
    The tunes like Magdalena, Junk Town etc may work...

i dont have that record, but might track a copy down to check it out
    thanks

i dont have that record, but might track a copy down to check it out
    thanks

its a dope lp. its got donny hathaway, dr john, cissy houston and a bunch of other tight musos on there.

dont think its that rare.

you can get a taste hear..

http://www.imeem.com/artists/danny_okeefe/album/8cZTL4X9/breezy-stories-album/

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i just searched through the LUO lps i had and dont have this what lp is it on?
    sorry, it's "whisper softley".

ahh cool thanks, I have never come across that lp before, now i just need to track a copy down, there is only 1 i can find on there atm at $39 is it worth that kind of money?
    thanks

nice mix btw mate... had this in the mp3 for a few days... please make sure you post up side 2.... ;-)

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

A long time personal favourite mellow burner, very suitable for that nihilistic lazy sunny day travelling melancholy vibe

thanks just checking the Killin Time track out now
    Loko, glad you like it, I am planning on having part 2 done in 2 weeks (before homie goes away)