Latimore appreciation

SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Super smooth and soulful, with all sorts of moody samplable bits. I am listening to his version of "I Get Lifted" right now and he definitely puts his own stamp on the song. Anything he did in the seventies is classic to me.

Comments

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    The man has definitely, eh, qualified for massive appreciation.

oh, and I like slow & moody as much as the next music_nerd, but no one's touching McCrae on "I Get Lifted"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Super smooth and soulful, with all sorts of moody samplable bits. I am listening to his version of "I Get Lifted" right now and he definitely puts his own stamp on the song. Anything he did in the seventies is classic to me.

I think he's classic right here in the 2000's, myself. Granted, I don't own any of his recent albums, but I've seen him live twice in the past four years and the man still brings it. One of the most profoundly MATURE artists to come from southern soul.

"There's A Redneck In The Soul Band" -

(he also did a followup in the nineties with a similar plotline - "Skinny Little White Girl")

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    his version of "I Get Lifted"

Sweet Vibrations and Slow Motion are two great tracks from the same album. I was just listening to the album today. Really love it.