UMCs - Fruits of Nature

parenparen 537 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central

shit hell damn. i forgot how much i enjoy this record. peroni's all day. welcome august. fuck a day job. word.

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    oh hell yeah it's a sentimental favorite a mine

this one of them albums i won't listen to a while but when it's played it's like never forgetting how to ride a bike and i'll still know every verse on every track.

love love love this album

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    oh hell yeah it's a sentimental favorite a mine

this one of them albums i won't listen to a while but when it's played it's like never forgetting how to ride a bike and i'll still know every verse on every track.

love love love this album

we got an email from kool kim regarding a review we did of this LP.

he says: 'UMC's is still a new way of bein'

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I recently got a Kool Kim solo 12". Not bad, but his voice was a little too hard knock. Miss the old way of rhyme delivery.

• I played "Never Never Land" in the cluuuuub on Saturday (got put up on that track from the first Ms. Damn mix I ever heard!) and everyone went

It's one of those songs that nobody on the dancefloor knows, but if you play it at the right time, it's just undeniable.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I recently got a Kool Kim solo 12". Not bad, but his voice was a little too hard knock. Miss the old way of rhyme delivery.

dude's been killin ciphers for a minute, my guess is the old style doesn't drive battle raps home like the gritty shit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I agree, it sounded more "current." I perhaps have dudes in too much of a pigeonhole/was waxing nostalgic. Their second LP to this one, dude sounds the same.

• I just found their second lp but I still need a copy of their first one to replace a very old-played-to-death cassette dub....

Their second lp is aight by the way but nothing like their first.

Dress

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Their second lp is terrible[/b] by the way [and] nothing like their first.

wu tang style.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

wu tang style.

Forever wasn't that bad at all.

• parenparen 537 Posts

wu tang style.

Forever wasn't that bad at all.

i don't hear it. sophmore super slump.