ultramagnetic mcs - give the drummer some

mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
do guys have any idea what break this might be?its used on these tracks:ultramagnetic mcs - give the drummer some (critical beatdown)leaders of the new school - teachers (a future without a past)showbiz and ag - he said, she said (runaway slave)mf doom - hands of doom (operation doomsday)i went through all volumes of ubb and it aint there as far as i can tell.

Comments

• awallawall 673 Posts
    read the story on paul c

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Dee Felice Trio - There Was a Time

Word to panning and Paul C

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

Word to panning and Paul C

allright, thanks. thats the lps name aswell? and apologies to sheep as it was listed on the breaks.

so who got a copy of this for me?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

word, I got the 45 which is dope, but I've heard mixed reviews about the LP. Whats the scoop?

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    I've got the 45, but it's breakless[/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Word to panning[/b] and Paul C

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

Word to panning[/b] and Paul C

shhhhhhhhhhhhh... one soul that copy wount do you no good, give it away to me!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

word? damn thanks for the heads up, that shit has been just been sittin' in my box, I thought it was a dud 45 i.e. juice 'catch a groove'

-B-

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

word? damn thanks for the heads up, that shit has been just been sittin' in my box, I thought it was a dud 45 i.e. juice 'catch a groove'

-B-

still tho if you decide you want to part with it, you know who to talk to! i got trades and $$$.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

I am ninety-nine percent sure that the mix on the 45 is lacking the hard panning necessary to execute this maneuver. Sorry, Tennessee.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

I am ninety-nine percent sure that the mix on the 45 is lacking the hard panning necessary to execute this maneuver. Sorry, Tennessee.

oh crap this is bad news, can anyone confirm this?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    just gotta pan it duder

Quite a few copies of the lp have surfaced in Sweden....

• Dope ass Paul C writeup! Good looks!

• I've got the 45, but it's breakless[/b]
    just gotta pan it duder

tried panning that exact 45 thru an analog board all day, every which way & it still sounded no where near the paul c version.
    god bless that dude.

maybe the album version, which i dont got.

• The break is from this LP.... Also has dope version of Cold Sweat.
    All backed by DFT not JB's.

• Options
    YEp, and there's no singing from JB in the version on this LP either, so it just the Dee Felice Trio.

K.

• Well I'll be....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    read the story on paul c

damn. that was good, informing reading. i'd always wondered about someof this stuff. thanks for the link.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Excellent read on Paul C Awall. I got my schoolin' in for the night....now where did I leave that weed sack.

Respect Eternal to Paul C.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    The Track is also on these LP's

James Brown -- I Can't Stand Myself When You Touch Me

and a long Live version of that track is on the "James Brown -- Live At The Apollo Volume II" LP.

There are other versions too of that track which are also very nice.

There is a brand new 7" on the Sound Way lable from Great Britain. Artist is called Victor Olaiya and he combines that track with another Brown cover called "Let Yourself Go". Its a nice Afrofunk version of There was a Time.

Anotgher great version is from Gene Chandler. He called his whole LP after this track.

And Jerry O also did a version of that track which is great.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Pretty much all versions of "There was a Time" are great, but the ones you mentioned bare no resemblence to the Dee Felice Trio track in question whatsoever

• Options

There is a brand new 7" on the Sound Way lable from Great Britain. Artist is called Victor Olaiya and he combines that track with another Brown cover called "Let Yourself Go". Its a nice Afrofunk version of There was a Time.

^^^^^^, K.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

In a side note, however, that Sound Way version of "Vehicle" is to be avoided.