acupuncture HOT or NOT

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:i've never tried. school me.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    HOT

b/w

Ab***il Klein, Lic. Ac. National Certification Commission For Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Cert # 6991, NY State Lic. # 94821, PA Lic # 5217

what would you like to know?

peace, klein...

• Options
    I used to date a girl who was in school for oriental medicine. Springtime rolled around and I was getting ready to mow my lawn but I have an absolutely ripping allergy to fresh cut grass, to the point where foot-long streams of snot can hang from my nose while I'm having an attack. The night before I was to get busy with the mowing, she performed a treatment on me and the next day I mowed the lawn with no problems whatsoever. She did one or two more over the next two weeks and I cruised through that allergy season with no medication at all.

She also fixed up a mangled shoulder of mine when I couldn't lift my arm above my head. As soon as she as done I sat up and lifted it straight over my head. Two days later it felt completely better.

I'm a firm believer in the acupuncture.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I had a back problem dating from my days on a salmon processing boat. For fifteen years or so it was bothersome, though not truly painful. Basically, my back never felt comfortable, always tight and not straight. I had three vertebrae that were sort locked together and slightly out of place. The muscle surrounding them was hard as a rock, and not in the good way. Occasional bouts of chiropracting did little, if anything, to help.

Finally, when I hit 40 I figured I better do something and was put in touch with an excellent acupuncture/chinese medicine guy (also a major martial arts champion). A few weeks of acupuncture assisted by cupping, moxa and herbs, and my back is fine. Moreover, it lasted. I don't have to go back on any regular basis to keep it that way.

I know people who have been helped with other things such as asthma as well. If you hook up with the right person, it's definitely for real.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I've been to two different accupuncturists for a variety of complaints -- digestion, joint pain, and migraines -- and did find it helpful. the level of gains were worth the money at the time. even if you could argue that the placebo effect was doing the work, it was worth the $$$ to have improvement, and I found the atmosphere relaxing. I did stop a few years ago when $$$ was tight and haven't gotten back in the habit, and I did have one experience where my doctor started using an electric jackhammer-like needle in my lower back without letting me know beforehand, but on the whole I'd recommend.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I'm a firm believer in the acupuncture.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i wanted to blap the lady so bad, i couldn't relax. guess i should try a dude or a hag.

should that be an hag?