The Cassette Tape Gallery

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I like the idea of giving old tapes a second life by scanning, digitizing and uploading them. Perhaps we can create a nice mixtape gallery. I want to start with the B-Side of a tape I made very quickly just before going on a long journey. Something I always do before leaving home for a while.It's mostly brazil and latin stuff and a little latinesque fusion towards the end.Enjoy! Mambito Del Norte - San Franciso Ltd.We Still Kill The Old Way - Luis E. BacalovMas Que Nada - RozannaShirley Sexy - Mar??lia PeraMexerico Da Candinha - Wilson SimonalWordless Blues - Ray Christoph's New SoundSalsa Vibes - Louie RamirezVive Tu Vida - La SupremaMama Calunga - Johnny SedesMar??lia - Moares MoreiraBatuque - Deodato/Joao DonatoLatin Strut - Joe BataanRunnin' - Earth, Wind & FireSugar Loaf Mountain - George Duke[/b]

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Despite nobody else is contributing to the gallery I carry on. The mix has been posted already in another thread.

• Thanks! Is that Dick Vitale doing blow in your avatar? Write or used to write/get up?

Thanks! Is that Dick Vitale doing blow in your avatar? Write or used to write/get up?

First I had to google who Dick Vitale is to confirm that he isn't. It's a photo out of a small series of anonymous bavarian people doing snuff tobacco, which I found a thrift store a while ago. There's weird stuff turning up there.

• Oh okay..gotcha. It's funny how popular snuff was with the old folks back in the day. You not terribly uncommon to find an ol' Granny doing it here (SC).

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Thanks! Is that Dick Vitale doing blow in your avatar? Write or used to write/get up?

First I had to google who Dick Vitale is to confirm that he isn't. It's a photo out of a small series of anonymous bavarian people doing snuff tobacco, which I found a thrift store a while ago. There's weird stuff turning up there.

My grandfather (r.i.p.) used to have some snuff in his bedroom in his apartment, which sometimes he left open. As a kid I was always told "don't go in there, don't go in there" and the one time I went in there, there was nothing but a bed, clothes, table, the usual. I guess he wanted his place to be "his place" and no one elses but... I always used to wonder "what is that little jar?" and my mom told me her dad did snuff. So I was like "cocaine?" What did I know?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    This is a really great idea for a thread. I'm going to try to contribute...but it won't be anytime soon.

I'm bookmarking it though.

Nice, I like the typographical chaos of stacked cassette backs. It's fun to look at each of these.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

my boy (and old roomate in Japan) Oni-One in the mix!! WHUT!

my boy (and old roomate in Japan) Oni-One in the mix!! WHUT!

His tapes were great, the first one i bought was Vol. 6. I know I still have them too. A few of these I should convert to WAV > MP3 and upload them somewhere, or at least some of my own custom mix tapes.

A few of these I should convert to WAV > MP3 and upload them somewhere, or at least some of my own custom mix tapes.

That somewhere is this thread. That's the intention. Keep'em coming.

A few of these I should convert to WAV > MP3 and upload them somewhere, or at least some of my own custom mix tapes.

That somewhere is this thread. That's the intention. Keep'em coming.

I'll track down what I have and post it to my site later in the week.