I'm in europe and...

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
have the following to report: I am now a married man. Nobody in the US can complain about record prices. 80 euro for VG james brown "payback" anyone? Plus there's a complete lack of european albums. I had the fantasy that I would be covered with a deluge of roman mussolini "mirage"s and sun-ra LPs on horo. My brother got me a 60 gig ipod for my wedding and it turned me into a bigger music snob than before. How long before I can play video on this thing?? Florence is too hot and filled with valley girl tourists in midriff shirts. Little children with delicate scottish accents who say "ello mummy" are adorable.

Comments

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Congratulations!

London was the best for records out of the 10 countries I visited.
    Check the Camden market if you don't already know.

-Al

• I am now a married man.

CONGRATS!!!

• I am now a married man.

Congrats man![/b]

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I was wondering what happened to you.

Wedding already happen?!?!??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simulated echo of my call bouncing between mountain peaks....

I might make FL happen but probably not til l8r.

Screw record shops..... go to za beach. If you have time in Italy, you should seriously spend a day or two in Sienna. Beautiful, quiet, romantic. I remember hearing some organ-ish version of "When a Man Loves A Woman" coming through my hotel window 7 years ago when I was there with an X. it was dreamy and the fruti de mare was creamy.

YOW.

Check in when you get back.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    CoSign on Sienna,

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Congradufuckulations And*ew!!!! Take lots of pics and post them up when you get back so we can vicariouslly be music snobs through you.

Enjoy your trip and f*** a record store out there, go to an old church and a museaum.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    have the following to report:

I am now a married man.

Nobody in the US can complain about record prices. 80 euro for VG james brown "payback" anyone? Plus there's a complete lack of european albums. I had the fantasy that I would be covered with a deluge of roman mussolini "mirage"s and sun-ra LPs on horo.

My brother got me a 60 gig ipod for my wedding and it turned me into a bigger music snob than before. How long before I can play video on this thing??

Florence is too hot and filled with valley girl tourists in midriff shirts.

Little children with delicate scottish accents who say "ello mummy" are adorable.

why did you go to italy anyhow? everyone knows that there are no records in italy.

why don't you ask for a hook up? where are the italian soulstrutters? no eBay contacts? what's up with the pastafro**a guys or riveg**che? how about the hot gr**vy record store in bolo**na?

h*ve a nic* tr*p!!! going to italy is for girls, ice cream and pizza, not for records!

congrats on your wedding!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    CoSign on Sienna,

my melancholiness of last week just returned.

shit seems a long time ago.

GO TH*R* ANDREW *!*!*

• CoSign on Sienna,

my melancholiness of last week just returned.

shit seems a long time ago.

GO TH*R* ANDREW *!*!*

That was the exact view from the hostel/nunnery we stayed at there. Gahdam, Siena is a good place.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    CoSign on Sienna,

Is the Palio soon? Should not be missed if you can squeeze in to that court. Watch a crazy bareback race wher at least 2 riders will fall off. I saw some dumbass try to give a galloping horse a hug. BAM.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Make sure you get a clear view of the mainstreets friday-saturday at 8-10 PM, that's when the youngins come out to show off their newly bought clothes, the atmos is unlike any other country.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Enjoy your trip and f*** a record store out there, go to an old church and a museaum.

Hey, Asp are you suggesting that he 'fuck' or 'find' a record store?

congrats, Ascrock. Id say spend the time with the wife. When she says its 'ok' to go record shopping, she be lyin'.

• Thanks for the love all! Things here are beautiful. Getting married is wild and not what I expected it to feel like.

I am growing a beard and on Friday I'm going to rural Poland to meet my people on that side of the family, descendents of my great-grandfather's side.

We tried to go to Siena but there was a transportation strike and we got stranded at Empoli for hours in 90+ degree weather. In retrospect I'd dodge Florence next time around, it's filled with girls from the OC and the worldwide frat boy contingent who pursue them.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

I am growing a beard and on Friday I'm going to rural Poland to meet my people

this sounds very stealth.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Hey, Asp are you suggesting that he 'fuck' or 'find' a record store?

congrats, Ascrock. Id say spend the time with the wife. When she says its 'ok' to go record shopping, she be lyin'.

Take your pic.

And*ew, plaese to bring back manny Polish heat. Have a great time out there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Congratulations homeskillet!

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    why all of you come in italy and NEVER come to visit me ?

it's like everybody buy Jimmy Smith, but nobody buy any Jimmy McGriff

VISIT PESCARA !!! it is as good as Siena !!!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Congratulations, Andrew!

Good luck meeting the family in Poland. My father's people are from Poland and while my grandfather, who emigrated after the war, swore red and blue murder that he would never step a foot in Poland again, I've long wanted to see the old country. Apparently his town is now an industrial park. Still, one day.