Remember when Rock-Hip hop was next big thing?

2»

Comments

• scribescribe 16 Posts

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Hip-hop was rooted with DJs doubling up Rock LPs.

• I found this today as I was looking at wikipedia entries for New York hardcore bands and remembered this thread. Turns out Sick of it All and Mobb Deep had some sort of beef regarding this dragon logo they both use. Seems they resolved the issue and as a token of their mutual respect they recorded a song together. It was included on this rap-rock comp that I have just downloaded from da blogs and am currently trying to wrap my mind around. Right now it???s Everlast doing an almost line-for-line re-interpretation of ???Shook Ones???. Jesus Christ.

1. System of a Down/Wu-Tang Clan - Shame
    2. Sugar Ray/Tha Alkaholiks - Make Room
    3. Dead Prez/Static-X - Hip Hop
    4. Endo/Xzibit - Los Angeles Times
    5. Everlast/Mobb Deep - Shook Ones, Pt. 2
    6. Chad Smith/Tom Morello/Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing ta F' Wit
    7. Crazy Town/Tha Alkaholiks - Only When I'm Drunk
    8. Sevendust/Xzibit - What U See Is What U Get
    9. Butch Vig/M.O.P. - How Bout Some Hardcore
    10 Ozzy Osbourne/Tony Iommi/Wu-Tang Clan - For Heaven's Sake 2000
    11.Big Punisher/Shootyz Groove - Caribbean Connection
    12.Mobb Deep/Sick of It All - Survival of the Fittest
    13.Big Punisher/Incubus - Still Not a Player

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    13.Big Punisher/Incubus - Still Not a Player. this sounds like it has the potential to be the worst thing ever recorded.

• 13.Big Punisher/Incubus - Still Not a Player. this sounds like it has the potential to be the worst thing ever recorded.

Man, you have no idea.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    13.Big Punisher/Incubus - Still Not a Player. this sounds like it has the potential to be the worst thing ever recorded.
    Yup.

• The Wu / Sabbath collaboration is surprisingly listenable.

Edit: The raps is good, the rock is impacted stool.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Shit did blow up, and was the Next Big Thing for at least a few years.

I have no recollection of this.

Thou doth protest too much - you were the dude who PM'd me several years ago saying "I expected to hate Jigga's collabo with Lincoln Park, but I think it might be even better than his live album with The Roots."

^^^^^OWNS THREE DIFFERENT WHITE LABEL LINKIN' PARK/DILATED PEOPLES COLLAB 12"S; CLASPED THEM TO HIS CHEST IN RESPONSE TO MY JOKING REQUEST TO PURCHASE ONE; WAS HEARD TO STATE "I COULD NEVER SELL MY BABIES"

Mmmmmm... distraction... I think my respect for you just dropped a notch or two. I still love you... but not quite as much.