Cleveland area strutters?

john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I'll be in Lake County briefly this weekend, in the Mentor/Painesville area - any recommended spots for records/food/gear, etc?BTW, thanks to all who made Johnstown, PA recommendations - I found George's Song Shop, but got there with only 10 minutes to dig around.John

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    dude from cosmos in toronto was telling me stories of finding crazy shit in cleveland/ohio. mad private gospel, s.o.u.l lp's etc..... he says it's his favorite area to go digging.

good luck and hope you find alot of raer.

peace,xavier

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    if you like beer and have the time, i suggest you get yourself a pint or three from great lakes brewing.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I'll be in Lake County briefly this weekend, in the Mentor/Painesville area - any recommended spots for records/food/gear, etc?

BTW, thanks to all who made Johnstown, PA recommendations - I found George's Song Shop, but got there with only 10 minutes to dig around.

John

Not much out that way that I know of except a Half Price Books & Records. Your closest/best bet will be to swing by Coventry and Lakewood.

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    Whoa, my hometown. There's not much in Mentor/Painesville, to be honest. Maybe Record Den in Mentor, on Mentor Ave by the mall. They're mostly CDs, but they've got some records spread around the store. Highly unlikely you'd find any raer though.

I don't get back too often so I don't know what's up restaurant-wise these days. Lots of chains. If you can get yourself out to Willoughby (southwest of Mentor, I would check out the Willoughby Brewing Company: http://www.willoughbybrewing.com/ . Nice little brew-pub, I like their food quite a bit. Looks like my favorite pizza isn't on the menu any more. In Painesville, there's the Red Hawk Grille: http://www.redhawkgrille.com/ . Decor is nothing special, but the food is good (big ups to the sausage-stuffed hot peppers).

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    damn to bad i just say this post.....i could have taken you to some dealers etc etc....as far as cosmos and cleveland goes i aint speaking on that issue no more