have you run over a DOG or CAT?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:NO.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    no.. and if someone ran over my cats id turn that persons life into hell

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Are these spray and pray attempts to get another Popeyes side order thing goin?

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    yes, it was dark and raining, cat came running across the street just feet in front of me and i went over the top of it, all i saw in my rearview was a kitty spinning, not sure if it died...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    A few weeks ago I hit a squirrel. Messed me up bad.

When I was about 18 I hit pigeon.
    I pulled over to the side of the road and tried to figure out who I was supposed to report it to.

shit. someone ran over my dog and just kept drivin'. i was not there--thank god--my wife was. i'd be on death row if id seen that shit.

the dog is doing well. 4 days in the vet Hx (+ $3K)

X infinity

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    yes, it was dark and raining, cat came running across the street just feet in front of me and i went over the top of it, all i saw in my rearview was a kitty spinning, not sure if it died...

Nice of you to stop fuckstick.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I have. I hated that thumping sound and the bumps I felt in the bottom of my feet. It was real late one night. I was by myself and I did that "uhhh" sound but in a high-pitched grossed out voice. I made a u-turn to look for it but had no luck. (There were no street lights in the area.) I hope he/she turned out okay.

i expected that to take a little bit longer.

• Once when I was in my 20s I was coming home LATE after a gig in the city and while driving through a fog on a back road ran into/over what appeared to be some kind of Watership Down-esque mass migration of rabbits. I suspect I took out dozens but I wasn't going to turn around and go back. Possibly the wierdest thing I've ever experienced (and NO, I was not intoxicated).

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    no.. and if someone ran over my cats id turn that persons life into hell

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I hit a pigeon too. It was real early in the morning. You know how they sleep on the road sometimes? Dumm asses. Anyways, this one didn't get out of the way fast enough. It was cartoony though, it was flying right in front of me and in my mind it was looking back at me like "oh sh*t." It all happened so fast that I couldn't stop. It hit the hood of my car and literally exploded. It was weeeeeird. And very, very gross.

And not that I advocate hitting cats, but keep those fools inside! They're ALWAYS darting across the street. They're dumm asses too.

let me be clear. my beef with this person who hit my dog is that they drove away. my wife said she could tell they knew because they hesitated for a second and she saw them turn around. she was too freaked out and worried about our dog to register a good id of the car/driver. i found out that it is against the law to drive away when you hit a dog. (not sure about other animals?) at the same time, i believe that is always the owner's fault if your animal is hit by car.

way to over react buddy. as i mentioned it was dark and rainy also in a high traffic area, hmmmm stop traffic and cause a 'real accident or look for poor stray mr. scrappy? im pretty sure i wouldn't have found it anyways...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    im pretty sure i wouldn't have found it anyways...

try again or just you seem to have that down

• I've never ran over a dog. But I have ran over...
    (2)cats
    (3)squirrels
    (1)racoon
    (2)birds (still not sure how that happened)
    (3)toads
    (1)snake
    (2)rabbits

These animals need to get out my way.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    i almost hit a dog a few weeks ago. darted right in front of my car. I hit the brakes and slid to a stop and then yelled at the family that was outside "WATCH YOUR f*cking DOG!!!" and then the dog ran around the corner and went to its real owner, which wasn't the people I had just yelled at. oops. but at that point i didn't feel like yelling again.

and yeah, cats are always tempting fate. running in front of cars just to see if they can make it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Never run over a dog or cat, but I have hit a couple deer.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I've never ran over a dog. But I have ran over...
    (2)cats
    (3)squirrels
    (1)racoon
    (2)birds (still not sure how that happened)
    (3)toads
    (1)snake
    (2)rabbits

These animals need to get out my way.

im pretty sure i wouldn't have found it anyways...

try again or just you seem to have that down

please don't report me to your high ranking boyfriend at peta.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    my mum ran over our family dog of 14years and she sent flowers to the house and a note and told us it was some other lady!! she was distraught. we didn't find out til christmas a few years later that it was her. she was distraught again.

she also ran over my grandmas cat when i was 6 or 7, i remember seeing an eyeball and talking about it in show and tell and getting yelled at for making up stories.