Help: Aspergers Syndrome

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Do any of you have experience with living with someone who has Aspergers?Any reputable links?Google's results are overwhelming and i need some information quickly, i realize this might not be the place, but we are a diverse bunch: maybe the Strut can help me out...

Comments

• A***,

dit is de startpagina van de officiele Nederlandse Vereniging voor Autisme - als er ????n instantie is die je kan helpen met het vinden van relevante informatie dan zijn zij het.

http://www.autismeinfocentrum.nl/home.html?mnu=tmain100:shome&s=1&l=nl&t=1243944829

telefonische informatie / advies:

0900 - 288 47 63.

Succes dude.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hey nz, my dutch is rather rusty so not sure if OtRC's link covers all areas but my better half is trained and experienced in dealing with people with all forms of autism including Aspergers so if you can hold on a day or so and there's anything you need to know feel free to drop me a pm and I can get info from her tonight.

• NZ
    My son has Asperger's, PM me with any questions and I'll do what I can to help.
    F16

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    My nephew has Asperger's too. Holler at the PM and I'll answer whatever questions I can.

JRoot

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    hey NZ, my brother has it, so gimme a PM if you want to know anything (in Dutch or English)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    guys, thanks for the info and the PMs,

basically we are having a family member come live with us for 6 months who is a teenage asperger. i was unaware of this and all my plans are up in the air. i need to ensure that my approach and our family's environment is the right one for all of us.

PMs sent.

Alan.