Post something you're proud of

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Something you're proud to have done...I've got a couple things I could share, but I don't want this to seem too self-aggrandizing. If this actually works as a thread, I'll throw 'em in, as it seems only fair if I'm asking someone to share.But, let's see some. What have you done that you are proud to have accomplished? What's something unique you've done that few can claim?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'm proud to have not corrected your spelling mistakes in that post

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    I personally am proud of actually FINISHING my final thesis project last year....
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45874&id=582385779&l=a63153c585

owwwwwwwwww!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I'm proud to have not corrected your spelling mistakes in that post

off to a solid start.
    Setting the bar VERY low.

Well soulstrut has kind of been on fire lately.

I did put a lawn in my back garden on Sunday That will be the 4th thing I did that you can see from space.

Not including your mama

No beef here... save it for the hicks in the Hamptons, Spliff.

Good lookin' out on the garden!

Not including your mama

Now, there's beef.

Clearly, you were into this thread idea.

Like, I was into your lady. In your garden.

Them plants will GROW.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I whooped 80 people in a wine-tasting contest last Monday.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    just found out an $80k grant I co-wrote came through for my work.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My co-authors and I were notified a few days ago by the Gender and Diversity in Organizations (GDO) division of the Academy of Management that our article was recognized named as the best published diversity-related research paper in 2008 (via an award named after a late, renowned diversity scholar). For those who are curious, PM me and I can email you the article. The Academy of Managment is the primary professional organization of organizational scholars and practitioners, so the award is a great honor.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i'm proud of my friends

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    On a work level- I scored an interview with a big wig politician for my magazine. Not bad for a small time trade publication and a big F*ck YOU to our competitor who has been biting our stories and style since I took over...
    I want to see him top that!

And on a person note- My crews cd (Dirtbox Kings in the houze) drops June 20. And this time we doing everything proper stylee...so im proud of me and the boys for pulling our thumbs out off our collective asss and getting this moving.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I scraped together an application for Jobs Fund (a 2 week window of opportunity employment funding program that Prime Minister Kevin Rudd came to our area to promote) for $710,000 and thought it looked pretty good. It had to go through 3 leveles of approval internally just to get submitted, and a fair few ideas got knoecked out along the way.

I find out in July if I was successful.

The money will be for a skate park and a traineeship componenet that will involve young people being involved in the consultation and design associated with the park.

• I'm proud of my kids, and this.

• minimini 879 Posts

I'm proud of my kids

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Tenure, as of yesterday. *ding*

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I never had a chain wallet.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    not anything that i did but i am proud of GUZZO.

peace, stein. . .

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Tenure, as of yesterday. *ding*

Congratulations, King_Maxwell!!! That's a great accomplishment and I wish you continued peace and success.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I don't think there's anyone else I'm prouder of right now:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I just got back the mastered version of my first musical production. This is the band THE MAYAN KINGS (http://www.myspace.com/mayankingslv) my good friends who are now in Guadalajara. I'm engineer and producer of this project and it was recorded in my Garage.

This is the very first sample of it on the net. So a bit of a WORLD EXCLUSIVE for anybody that cares.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60868154c6799b35/

- Diego