Favorite Card Game

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
In high school, it was all Euchre, all the time.Now, I play Cribbage with the wife and/or sister.What you got for cards?

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

blackjack.

peace, stein. . .

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    no limit texas hold em. can't get into the limit games. i like being able to move all in and double up or force play.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    facebook poker is starting to get pretty addictive.

• Rummy 500

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Not rummy.
    It's a form of bid wist.

Wife and I have been playing with the same couple for 19 years now. Every Friday night when we can. We keep a running score for the year.

When I was young in DC it was tonk all the time.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Shithead

• no limit omaha hi/lo

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    SPAEDS!!

Not rummy.
    It's a form of bid wist.

Wife and I have been playing with the same couple for 19 years now. Every Friday night when we can. We keep a running score for the year.

Is this a trump game? With the Jokers, Jack of trump suit, etc?

If so, big in my family as well and I'd cosign as my favorite game.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Not rummy.
    It's a form of bid wist.

One joker, jack of trump and opposite suit are bowers, no 2s or 3s.
    Joker is highest trump, followed by the right bower (jack of trump) then the left bower (jack of opposite trump). Unless you are playing nello (not taking any tricks) or no trump. Then the cards have standard value, with the joker high.

There are more crazy rules. Sounds like something Calvin and Hobbes would make up.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    There was a game I used to play while traveling through China/Tibet called "Ace, Joker, 5, 2, 3". For the life of me I can't recall what the rules were, but it was incredible. Does anyone here have any idea what it could be or how to play it?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    hold em

Not rummy.
    It's a form of bid wist.

One joker, jack of trump and opposite suit are bowers, no 2s or 3s.
    Joker is highest trump, followed by the right bower (jack of trump) then the left bower (jack of opposite trump). Unless you are playing nello (not taking any tricks) or no trump. Then the cards have standard value, with the joker high.

There are more crazy rules. Sounds like something Calvin and Hobbes would make up.

yep, that game is pretty much the center of every family function. i can play for hours / days. oddly enough, the only other people i've met who played was in new zealand.