Last Time u ate w/ Black Folks?

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
In their house?Single dudes homes not included.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    couple months ago?

b/w

popcorn gremlin

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    In their house?

Single dudes homes not included.

Ummm, this morning, for breakfast.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Crystal > Tabasco

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    They have houses now????

there goes the neighborhood.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ok, i'll play this racestrut game; last christmas.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I eat dinner with black folks on the inside....

why am I even doing this?

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    never.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    DL Hughley: "If you know how many black people have been in your house, you're racist as hell."

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    This is a nowhere thread, but I'm interested (relatively speaking) in this stipulation. Why wouldn't the homes of single black dudes count?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    actually now I'm trying to think of the last time I ate in any other family's home besides my own.... I'm drawing a blank.....

This is a nowhere thread, but I'm interested (relatively speaking) in this stipulation. Why wouldn't the homes of single black dudes count?

FOLKS.

If i said dolo, like my crib, dudes would be like "yeah I had a slice of pizza at Joe's house before we went diggin"

Yeah a single cat could make a meal, BUT that's not the question.

Wifey/Kids/Girlfriend/Husband/Partner. related.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I think he understands the question... its the POINT he was asking about....

FOLKS.

If i said dolo, like my crib, dudes would be like "yeah I had a slice of pizza at Joe's house before we went diggin"

I still don't get it, or understand why that would matter. Is there some other, more interesting question that you're really trying to ask here? Like, is this some reversed-constructed manner of asking how many people here are friendly not just with black people, but with a black family? And not just friendly enough to know them, but friendly enough to have eaten with them? And not just friendly enough to have eaten with them, but friendly enough to have eaten with them in their home? And not just friendly enough to have eaten with them in their home, but friendly enough to have done so recently?

I mean, what's really going on? Anything? Maybe there isn't, and that's cool...but I kinda get the feeling there is.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    You sound hungry.

FOLKS.

I still don't get it, or understand why that would matter. Is there some other, more interesting question that you're really trying to ask here? Like, is this some reversed-constructed manner of asking how many people here are friendly not just with black people, but with a black family? And not just friendly enough to know them, but friendly enough to have eaten with them? And not just friendly enough to have eaten with them, but friendly enough to have eaten with them in their home? And not just friendly enough to have eaten with them in their home, but friendly enough to have done so recently?

I mean, what's really going on? Anything? Maybe there isn't, and that's cool...but I kinda get the feeling there is.

wow

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    actually now I'm trying to think of the last time I ate in any other family's home besides my own.... I'm drawing a blank.....

I find this to be just as interesting at this point... I can think of one time in the last year I went to someon's house for a home cooked meal with their family. There may be one other, but I can't say for sure.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    For that matter I'm not sure the last time anybody has eaten in my home... I mean, we had a barbecue the weekend before last, but thats not the same as having a sit-down dinner, right?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    For that matter I'm not sure the last time anybody has eaten in my home... I mean, we had a barbecue the weekend before last, but thats not the same as having a sit-down dinner, right?

Not the same, imo...

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    So am I racist if I never ate with a black family in their home?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure I haven't had a "meal" in anyone elses' home in over 2 years, family not included.

Any why would a single guy want to hang out with other dudes families? Isn't that why I'm single to begin with?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Not since I lived in New Orleans. Would definitely do it again if I was invited.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

You should pay black actors to be a family so they can eat in your house.

Seriously dude, not having black people eat in your house like like, David Duke-ish.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    That reminds me of the time that we had a couple over for dinner and they were kind of bickering and snapping at each other and it was making me really uncomfortable. So I excused myself to go to the bathroom but what I actually did was sneak into the office and post my phone number on soulstrut, and told everybody to start calling me.

So, I got back to the dinner table and almost immediately my phone started ringing, so I excused myself, chatted on the phone for a while, came back to the table, and again my phone starts ringing.... it went on the whole night until they left and I called a "cease fire" on the strut.

I don't even remember who all called me that night... Einstein did.... I'm pretty sure Shig did too...

it was funny though, and I didn't tell my wife what I had done until it was all over.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

You should pay black actors to be a family so they can eat in your house.

Seriously dude, not having black people eat in your house like like, David Duke-ish.

What if I've eaten dinner and stayed the night at my friend's house and vice-versa? My friend is black and his live-in girlfriend is white. Seriously, I need to get a pass from Batmon.

FOLKS.

wow

I know, right? It's just that there's a lot of specificity in your question, which made me think there might be a particular point you're trying to make. It would not surprise me, though, if I was wrong about that.

No.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    That reminds me of the time that we had a couple over for dinner and they were kind of bickering and snapping at each other and it was making me really uncomfortable. So I excused myself to go to the bathroom but what I actually did was sneak into the office and post my phone number on soulstrut, and told everybody to start calling me.

So, I got back to the dinner table and almost immediately my phone started ringing, so I excused myself, chatted on the phone for a while, came back to the table, and again my phone starts ringing.... it went on the whole night until they left and I called a "cease fire" on the strut.

I don't even remember who all called me that night... Einstein did.... I'm pretty sure Shig did too...

it was funny though, and I didn't tell my wife what I had done until it was all over.

This is absolute genius.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    White folks eat dinner like this.
    Black folks eat dinner like this.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my girl and I had black folks over for Thanksgiving dinner...does that count?