PIttsburgh strutters?

john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
This might be a longshot for any Pittsburgh Strutters-I'll be in Johnstown (Cambria County) very briefly this weekend, and was wondering if anyone in here had any knowledge or recommendations for record stores, food spots, etc. in the area.I thought Johnstown was near Pittsburgh, but it's like an hour away.Thanks,John

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    i could recommend spots in Pittsburgh, but i'm not allowed outside the city limits so i've never been to johnstown, sorry.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Last time I was in Johnstown was 2001. We went for the sole purpose of hitting up George's Song Shop ... which is 3 floors jam packed with 45s.

The local restaurants are all greasy spoons and bar food. Homie Iron Monkey got a sandwich with moldy bread.

Johnstown is depressing, my condolences.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Are you flying into Murtha Airport? Whoop Whoop!

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/05/26/an-airport-for-somebody

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    johnstown sucks, don't go there.

no really, there's an alright record store there that i got a few nice things at. I believe its the one Raj mentioned, but from my memory this place was 2 floors of Lp's. I haven't made that trip in years though.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    George's is a great spot for 45s and LPs are relatively cheap. There is almost always something good there.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    I want to go to George's, sounds fun. How 'bout them RedLegs JD? Should be in first place after next week...

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm staying a few miles from George's Song Shop, so I'll check it out.

Not really looking forward to the 6-hour drive from Cincinnati, but it could be worse.