Pepsi Throwback

2»

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    i always find it amusing people can get so passionate about which soda drink is better.

seriously, especially when they don't realize that it's Dr. Pepper

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i just saw this yesterday at the cornerstore. but it was in a glass bottle and it was called "pepsi natural" or something like that. im curious about the difference between cane sugar and sugar. cuz the pepsi natural labels the ingredient as "sugar" which is most likely refined or worse for you somehow. also, i didnt taste it cuz im not really a big sodapop dude.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    also, hi daze! sorry for the lag, i havent forgot about u though.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha all good

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    i just saw this yesterday at the cornerstore. but it was in a glass bottle and it was called "pepsi natural" or something like that. im curious about the difference between cane sugar and sugar. cuz the pepsi natural labels the ingredient as "sugar" which is most likely refined or worse for you somehow. also, i didnt taste it cuz im not really a big sodapop dude.

Sugar is cane sugar, unless is was derived from beets.

Read the first section of "The Omnivore's Dilemma" if you want to learn how evil corn syrup really is. Almost all the corn grown in America's "heartland" is Grade 2, which means that it has less than 14% moisture and less than 5% impurities. It all comes from heavily chemically fertilized soil (no more crop rotation), and it all goes to Cargill (the world's largest privately held company) for either (a) processing into corn derivatives (such as corn syrup) or (b) to their factory farms.

The whole business of agriculture has become seriously twisted on many many levels. I could go and on. The cycle has made corn so cheap, that a lot of it is getting shipped down to Mexico. At some point, even Mexican Cokes may have corn syrup in the near future (once the tipping point is reached).

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I had a case of Pepsi throwbacks about a month ago.. I got sick of it by the end.. to sweet, tastes more like coke...

but this stuff is killing it

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Sugar is cane sugar, unless is was derived from beets.

Read the first section of "The Omnivore's Dilemma" if you want to learn how evil corn syrup really is. Almost all the corn grown in America's "heartland" is Grade 2, which means that it has less than 14% moisture and less than 5% impurities. It all comes from heavily chemically fertilized soil (no more crop rotation), and it all goes to Cargill (the world's largest privately held company) for either (a) processing into corn derivatives (such as corn syrup) or (b) to their factory farms.

The whole business of agriculture has become seriously twisted on many many levels. I could go and on. The cycle has made corn so cheap, that a lot of it is getting shipped down to Mexico. At some point, even Mexican Cokes may have corn syrup in the near future (once the tipping point is reached).

Watch "King Corn" for more references:

King Corn Trailer

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

anyone ever taste this?

• ^haha! denny wright and the hustlers