›

San Francisco Quincy on Jay-Z

ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
"Give Orphan Annie a portion of your Grammy,and pay Pac's momma a portion of that money,Someone in your family violated the law,You and your girlfriend, heard that before,Thug life, heard that before,Everytime we bust a rhyme, you're like gimme some more"

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    GOT THE BLOGOSPHERE GOING NUTS!

P.S. For all you powder puffs "San Francisco Quincy" is San Quinn.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Biter, schmiter. Leone's A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS was just Kurosawa's YOJIMBO in cowboy whiteface. Do we ban Clint Eastwood?

I really like the Fat Joe & Jadakiss disses of Fiddy (more than I'd probably like this whiner Quinn), but when it really comes down to it, all of this is just David throwing spitballs at Goliath's ankles and bragging to their pals that Goliath actually gives a shit.

?

I really like the Jadakiss[/b] disses of Fiddy (more than I'd probably like this whiner Quinn), but when it really comes down to it, all of this is just David throwing spitballs at Goliath's ankles and bragging to their pals that Goliath actually gives a shit.

Jada Mmmmmmmwa got dude pretty good. "Jada not swingin' is like 50 getting on stage on not singin'", "How you gonna be the king of new york if you live in Connetitcut (sp)"

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Biter, schmiter. Leone's A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS was just Kurosawa's YOJIMBO in cowboy whiteface. Do we ban Clint Eastwood?

I really like the Fat Joe & Jadakiss disses of Fiddy (more than I'd probably like this whiner Quinn), but when it really comes down to it, all of this is just David throwing spitballs at Goliath's ankles and bragging to their pals that Goliath actually gives a shit.

Goliath got his ass kicked.

Not with spitballs he didn't!

I don't see Quinn (and Nas) toppling Jay, or Jada & Joe Crack toppling Fiddy anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dis songs. Love 'em. But I can't take 'em seriously, and when the advantage is so overwhelmingly weighted to one side, it kinda makes the loser look even worse for even trying to step to the other dude.

I suppose I could be wrong though - maybe some of ya'll actually binned your copies of ILLMATIC when Nature's amazing "Nas Is Not" came out.

Not with spitballs he didn't!

I don't see Quinn (and Nas) toppling Jay, or Jada & Joe Crack toppling Fiddy anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dis songs. Love 'em. But I can't take 'em seriously, and when the advantage is so overwhelmingly weighted to one side, it kinda makes the loser look even worse for even trying to step to the other dude.

I suppose I could be wrong though - maybe some of ya'll actually binned your copies of ILLMATIC when Nature's amazing "Nas Is Not" came out.

You might need to ease up off of that Kool-Aid.

"Toppling Jay"??? That's your world, playa.

It's more like Quinn is merely doing his citations and footnotes for him.

You act like if a biter is successful then he is beyond reproach.

Sorry...nope, never.

And even if my grandma is the one to bring it up...if it's true, then she's got every right.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"Ah, here we are: alt.rap.nerd.obsessive. Is San Quinn the creator of Hi & Lois? Because he is making me laugh. Rest assured I am registering my disgust throughout the Internet. Now I must go, for my breakfast burrito is congealing rapidly."

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Archaic: finally a "hip hop journalist" who DOES NOT have his head up his ass....

please to continue

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Who really cares that much? All art is influenced by art that came b4 it. There is nothing wrong w/ this. Put your own spin on it and it's something new. Hip-hop is BUILT off of "biting" breaks from records.

Who really cares that much? All art is influenced by art that came b4 it. There is nothing wrong w/ this. Put your own spin on it and it's something new. Hip-hop is BUILT off of "biting" breaks from records.

Many in "hip hop" need to learn themselves the difference between "signifying" and "biting"...like quick-fast.

OKAY

Quinn = secretary of the rap game?

Full disclosure: I know absolutely nothing about Quinn. What that says about his career and/or my regional rap knowledge is open for discussion.

No. I'm saying that if a biter is successful, it probably means they're doing something different (and maybe better) with what they "stole" than the person who "came up with the idea first."

And for the less successful guy to complain about it, well, that just comes off as whining 99% of the time. Get mad, kick a chair, get over it, move on. That said, I love dis songs. So if a dude wants to add "write a song about how that big rap dude stole my 2 bars" to that to-do list, then by all means go ahead.

EXACTLY.

OKAY

Quinn = secretary of the rap game?

Full disclosure: I know absolutely nothing about Quinn. What that says about his career and/or my regional rap knowledge is open for discussion.

No. I'm saying that if a biter is successful, it probably means they're doing something different (and maybe better) with what they "stole" than the person who "came up with the idea first."

And for the less successful guy to complain about it, well, that just comes off as whining 99% of the time. Get mad, kick a chair, get over it, move on. That said, I love dis songs. So if a dude wants to add "write a song about how that big rap dude stole my 2 bars" to that to-do list, then by all means go ahead.

EXACTLY.

Where to send your certificate of "supreme wackness"?

"Ah, here we are: alt.rap.nerd.obsessive. Is San Quinn the creator of Hi & Lois? Because he is making me laugh. Rest assured I am registering my disgust throughout the Internet. Now I must go, for my breakfast burrito is congealing rapidly."

lol!!!