Wednesday Finds 5-20-09

shawnald_reaganshawnald_reagan 318 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
'bout time I found the wooden glass. OG, mint. Sittin in my neighbors garage until i asked if they had any records. Got that and a box of other stuff. The 2 45's are "Girl" by W. Ray Johnson and Mongo Strut" by Soul Relation. I found those 45's a thrift store on lunch for 50 cent each. Today has been good. And just for shit's and giggles, here's what my Indiana records look like now: Huzzah!

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    wow!!!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    damn.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    dang! red cover of the Primeval...$$$...that record has the greatest rock lyric ever penned.."takes a lot of bread to buy snow in July", genius.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Speaking of Indiana I found this record today in a big pile of belly dancing and classic rock LP's -

• i'm gonna have to pop my posting cherry to say that i am jealous as F*ck of your wooden glass. damn.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    EROTIC DEBUT

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is that a Goodwill price tag on Zerfas?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Mongo Strut" by Soul Relation.
    Huzzah!

How's this?

• Yep, with the exception of Primevil ($2.50)those are all dollar-bin finds.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    any info on this? prize cheque? pretty interesting mix of styles

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    the two gregorash's, chicken lickin, first funk inc, mackdonald and giles, mashmakahn, nelson riddle, and nucleus labyrinth are available for trade....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Those are some great finds all at once. Did you raid a beatdigga gettin outta the game?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    that's an average week's pull for teh gawd fishmongerfunk

Is that Gregorash in demand now or somthing?
    I couldn't give that thing away.

that's an average week's pull for teh gawd fishmongerfunk

Is that Gregorash in demand now or somthing?
    I couldn't give that thing away.

i'm not sure if you're dissing me or not, but whatever...your avatar more than makes up for it

joey gregorash lp is still in demand in the great white north and can fetch upwards of 30 bucks (not so much for the break but for the neil young cover). he had a tv show when i was a kid growing up in winnipeg called "skittle bits". we used to frantically dial in for prizes but i never won squat.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    good lord thats a nice haul. did you grip all of those from the same place?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I had no Idea Van-city packed that much heat, Fishmonger...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    i'm not sure if you're dissing me or not, but whatever...your avatar more than makes up for it

lol
    no, I'm just asshurt at your consistent finds.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm going up to Vancouver this weekend, plaese to PM your spots.

Mid week finds:

Soul Clock in droves:

the 2 sex machines are up for grabs...

Camera finally giving out from so many finds poasts?

no, no records in van. just kidding, i'm always happy to take a soulstrutter (who doesn't tirelessly advocate for torture- read: dolo, saba) to a spot or two if i have the time.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

the American Blues 45 kinda sucks despite Dale Hawkins producing

Found another Please: Manila thriller LP for 1,5 Euro this weekend

waddup Jspr.. is that 1,5 euro as in 10,0 kr (?)

it was pouring this morning, not with raers (although did come up on a few).. nah, the rain was really coming down, i was getting soaked at a certain flea waiting for some dude to arrive with a crate of lps, so he finally parks his truck to unload, turns out the lps were actually vhs video tapes..

anyway came up on some other shit, 45s mostly (beatles rolling stones ps's).. and some off beat stuff like a weird paper packed flexi feat two danish beat groups, a funkyass 1960s record paper bag from fona (never seen before) which had survived all these years, and some nicaraguan lps where old class photos fell out of the sleeves..

no.. its not blurry, you guys just need to clean your screens!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

no, no records in van. just kidding, i'm always happy to take a soulstrutter (who doesn't tirelessly advocate for torture- read: dolo, saba) to a spot or two if i have the time.

I'm so disappointed. Because I really wanted to come to west-bumbble F*ck Canada to get in on that.

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    'bout time I found the wooden glass. OG, mint. Sittin in my neighbors garage until i asked if they had any records. Got that and a box of other stuff. The 2 45's are "Girl" by W. Ray Johnson and Mongo Strut" by Soul Relation. I found those 45's a thrift store on lunch for 50 cent each. Today has been good.

Wow, congratulations. Wish it was me

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    thrifts of the am, nothing crazy but when they are 25?? apiece that's where i have trouble resisting. that will soon change. i am trying to do some editing of the collection.