UGK "Dirty Money"

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I've been listening to this album almost daily for months now; I don't know that I'll ever get tired of it. I don't want to turn this into a "Rank UGK Albums" thread, but this one is almost perfect. I say "almost" because I really wish there were a dirty version of "Ain't That A Bitch" (so aptly named) and I'll admit that I usually just skip "Money, Hoes and Power" due to my Jermaine Dupri aversion.That's all I wanted to say.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    EVERYBODY WANNA KNOW WHY THE ALBUM WAS LATE
    I WAS WAITING FOR WHITEY TO GET MY FUCKING PAPER STRAIGHT

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Meat-knocked-out-of-tacos-related.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've been listening to this album almost daily for months now; I don't know that I'll ever get tired of it. I don't want to turn this into a "Rank UGK Albums" thread, but this one is almost perfect. I say "almost" because I really wish there were a dirty version of "Ain't That A Bitch" (so aptly named) and I'll admit that I usually just skip "Money, Hoes and Power" due to my Jermaine Dupri aversion.

This album is great, and unfairly slept/hatted-upon.

At the time, I seem to recall the critique being that it had too much scrip club talk and not enough trap talk. And, coming after a classic album, followed by a five year wait, it faced impossible expectations. Still one of the best rap records of '01, though.

I do wish that it had included "Belts to Match" from the same era.

Related: if you're at all into U.G.K., you need this classic mix, recently made available by Maurice Garland.

I would swap "Belts to Match" for "Money, Hoes and Power" in a heartbeat.

I'd also like to add that Pimp gets away with saying things on this album that I would cringe hearing from pretty much anyone else (hirsute orifice-related).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'd also like to add that Pimp gets away with saying things on this album that I would cringe hearing from pretty much anyone else (hirsute orifice-related).
    HARRY ASSHOLE

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think super tight is probably my favorite. its like a sly & the family stone record or some shit. i do love this one too tho

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Album is straight

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    a dirty version of "Ain't That A Bitch"

Martin wins at the Internet! Thanks so much. This is now replacing the clean version on my ipod.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The clean version (Riding Clean) has "You Don't Know Me" which is one of the best rap songs ever created.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i will admit to sleeping on this album more than most other UGK albums, but at the same time Choppin Blades is probably one of my favorite Kingz songs EVAR!!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Let Me See It is still THE UGK song you are most likely hear bumping out of a slab down here in Texas.

Ask around and Diamonds and Wood would surely be the surveyed answer.

But by merely keeping your ear to the parking lot, Let Me See It prevails.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

^^^this schitt right here. i will never get sick of this song. i love how they're pouring salt on the cows in this video.
    it's one that gets repeat plays whenever it shows up on the ipod.

I love "Wood Wheel" (currently my favorite on the album) for so many reasons, not the least of which is the way each of them switches their flow several times throughout the song. I also love the way they go back and forth instead of just doing a verse apiece.

And no one is outswaggin' the Pimp here:

Bitch, I don't give a F*ck about your man, so
    Bitch tryin' to F*ck fast, I'm a F*ck slow
    How the F*ck you gon' outfuck James, ho?
    Like Teddy Pendergrass, you better let it go

^^^this schitt right here. i will never get sick of this song. i love how they're pouring salt on the cows in this video.
    it's one that gets repeat plays whenever it shows up on the ipod.

By the way: before I watched this video, I assumed that "pouring salt on the cows" was code for something. When I realized you were being literal, I enjoyed a belly laugh.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    now i want to know what you thought i meant before you watched it.