SF 5/21 RED BULL 45s Shortkut/Jazzy Jay + MORE

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited May 2009 in Announcements
I've been waiting to get a flyer that doubles as a 7" slipmat, yeeee!This is going down Thursday evening at the newly revamped Cal Academy of Sciences, for more info go to their site:http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I've been waiting to get a flyer that doubles as a 7" slipmat, yeeee!

This is going down Thursday evening at the newly revamped Cal Academy of Sciences, for more info go to their site:

http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

• Yessss

Afterwards we have DJ Hawlow from Distortion 2 Static joining us 4onefunk dudes over @ Bruno's, no cover:

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

i was going to go but since ted shredds name was not put on the flyer then forget it! booo...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

i was going to go but since ted shredds name was not put on the flyer then forget it! booo...

Wait, Ted Shred's playing at this thing? Really?

hes locking down the first HOUR!!! i dont think ill show up til 7p. going to dinner with the wife first.

i was told that theyre running ads on Wild is this right?

ive known platurn for years and had no idea he spun or even bought 45s. i was shocked! good for him.

• Yeah they cut our individual 20 min. sets so Ted could open, found out about it yesterday.

Yeah they cut our individual 20 min. sets so Ted could open, found out about it yesterday.

NAGLnado! That's pretty fucked up right there.

Justin: Platurn's actually got a pretty nice 45 collection. Lots of hip-hop and "whoah, I didn't even know there was a 45 of this!" kind of stuff. I know he's been sweating this thing tonight and working hard on putting together a good set, so I'm excited to see what he busts out.

Yeah they cut our individual 20 min. sets so Ted could open, found out about it yesterday.

Justin: Platurn's actually got a pretty nice 45 collection. Lots of hip-hop and "whoah, I didn't even know there was a 45 of this!" kind of stuff. I know he's been sweating this thing tonight and working hard on putting together a good set, so I'm excited to see what he busts out.

let him know that ive talked to all the djs playing tonight (- jay and ted) and they all said the same thing. "what do i play?!"

im really excited... about being out after the sun sets, being so close to home i could pretty much walk, being on the guestlist, and seeing friends whos djing i really like rock 45s at the Academy.

going to be a great night!

let him know that ive talked to all the djs playing tonight (- jay and ted) and they all said the same thing. "what do i play?!"

Hahaha, I guess everybody's worried about the competition (in a good way). I'm pretty excited for it, but this Ted Shred business kinda puts a damper on things.

ITS TED SHREDDDD DUDER! cmon...

i havent seen this guy in well over 6/7 years. im surprised hes still doing his thing. im also curious as to who put him on the bill? really... thats who they thought would be a good opening act? ...and what the hell is HE going to play?

• AC/DC, duh.

• And yeah I still don't know what I'm gonna play, I'm looking through the stuff I've pulled and am thinking WTF was I doing?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    PLAY "LET'S GET DOWN" AND "SHORT BUT FUNKY."

• Let me hollar at the Tony Toni Tone

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    im really excited... about being out after the sun sets, being so close to home i could pretty much walk, being on the guestlist, and seeing friends whos djing i really like rock 45s at the Academy.

going to be a great night!

word. i went to one of the "nightlife" nights a couple of weeks ago and thought it was kinda cool, especially up on the living roof at sunset.

but sheeit, guestlist action plus p-ro and doeizm rocking the ill 45's tonight?!

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
    AC/DC VS COOKIE MONSTER VS PATTI LABELLE , duh.

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

PS, So GEEKED for tonight!!!

KILL EM JOSH!!!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    hope to meet some of you folks at the after pawrty. got dinner during the jam

this was real nice last night. got to see a bunch of folks who i rarely get to see cause i never go out at night. good music played by john doe, bcause, platurn, and shortkut. heard a little of jazzy jay which was cool hes definitely a party dj.

ill moment of the night: shortkut pulls out a philipines 45 version of planet rock and takes a picture holding it with jay.

wack moment of the night: the emcee was wack! when calling out shortkuts history he calls the crew the incredible scratch pixels?!?!!? cat had his hiphop gear on flash and couldnt do shit right. when the crowd was listening to the music and not paying attention to him he put the mic to the speaker and the soundboard cats jumped on him quick. he was the worst part of the whole night for me.

incredible scratch pixels?!?!!?

Q-Bert's new graphic design company

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    wack moment of the night: the emcee was wack!

"in-craze-able"

it was a fun night. the whole concept of the four djs is dope. all four killed, especially josh (thanks for the cds) and john (thanks for the guestlist)!

weirdest part of the night was rolling to the bathroom and finding the camera crew video taping jazzy jay piss.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    peacefulrotation- we thank you!

It was a fun night, but I wish I wasn't so zoinked from working at 7am

...but, seeing the honey's get down in the middle was a trip

E Da Boss.."yo, you see them penguins, yet?! Go look at them penguins!!"

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Who the F*ck is Ted Shred?

Wish I coulda been there, sounds like it went well. I hope they keep going with this event.