Weekend finds

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
No mind-blowing, obscure finds, but I bought a bunch of records off of this woman at her family's yard sale who were taping a future episode of "Clean House" in the 90 degree heat...The Ventures "Play The Classics"Trouble Man OSTFrom The Vaults Of Duke/Peacock, Volume 2Hot Hits, volume 5 (MFP...Euro exploitation LP with covers of "Double Barrel", "Brown Sugar", etc.)Lighthouse "One Fine Morning"Carl Carlton "Everlasting Love"Nucleus "Jam On It" singleStanley Clarke S/TRay, Goodman & Brown IIThe Supremes "New Ways But Love Stays" (signed to some friend of the family from Hawaii)Patti LaBelle's autobiography, signed by Niecy's mother to her and then today signed to me by Nash herself.Her mother is a really interesting person. She was a classmate and good friend of Donny Hathaway and knew Oliver Sain. The cameras were rolling when I was talking to her, so chances are my sunburnt mug will be aired on the show in three months. Oh yeah, I also found Kon & Amir's "On Track 2" at a Goodwill, of all places.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• Friday, I dug some antique and thrift stores in our funky lil' town. No real luck until one of the clerks at a local antique store agreed to let me peek at his collection. Smooth eighties star. I upgraded vinyl, picked up a few guilty pleasures, and these:

And some late arrivals from lo-cal shoppes.

Sorry about the flash on the Fania disco babe.

• Options
    how is that fania disco by the way....thats a comp, huh?

any jams?
    peace

• ageage 1,131 Posts

That Psalm 150 album is a killer!!!!!!!

Nice scores and crazy that you (Electrode) got to be and see a part of Niecy Nash's show..

Man..lucky..she is a beautiful woman!!!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    An hour's riffling through charity shops yielded just this minty loungecore classic:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    A few things I picked up recently

• minimini 879 Posts
    Just two:

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    how is that fania disco by the way....thats a comp, huh?

any jams?
    peace

It's not a comp. Fania All-Stars was like a salsa "super group" that put out a few albums. The tunes on this particular album are pretty weak overall, but "Coro Miyare" is classic.